""""""""""""Great Shape""""""""""

Ugh... this does not help our cause. This guy is a raging moron.. I kind of want to post this accident on COPA just to see what they say over there. "alternated his right and left leg due to fatigue" - what the F is wrong with this loser? In cruise even with the YD off the plane flies coordinated very well with minimal rudder required (Archer-esq)

I'm sorry, but this is serious nonsense.

Also goes to show that hours mean SQUAT when it comes to whether someone is a good pilot or not.
I’ll preface that I know nothing is citrus flying. Is it normal to have enough yaw that you have to work the rudders that much in level flight??? Do they have “rudder trim”?? Seems crazy that the guy had to do this and also accept that it was normal..

I’ll preface that I know nothing is citrus flying. Is it normal to have enough yaw that you have to work the rudders that much in level flight??? Do they have “rudder trim”?? Seems crazy that the guy had to do this and also accept that it was normal..
It is absolutely not normal.. during takeoff on a 22, yes, you will need a lot of right rudder, almost on the floor but not quite.. as you pick up speed and get airborne you need less and less. There is no rudder trim but there is a yaw damper on the GFC 700 that keeps the ball centered. In level cruise flight you shouldn't need much if any rudder pressure at all..

either this person was flying dramatically out of coordination or there was something seriously wrong with the rigging of his airplane if he had to keep that much pressure the whole fight that he was getting fatigued and had to switch legs..

^also, the top of the rudder is counterbalanced just like on the Grumman Tiger.. so even with your foot on the ground you really shouldn't be getting fatigued

Back