Dorian - Here we blow again....

No doubt. Weather reporting just like the regular news seems to be all theatre these days. There had always been a degree of sensationalism in the news but it has gotten far more pronounced. We like our news like our politicians, full of hyperbole with a good dose of superlatives on top.

Yep. It's a bit too much.

My parents live a little ways SW of Jax. I had a chat with my mom last night, and she and my dad were getting a bit stressed out by all the TV hype. I told mom to stop watching all the storm coverage and just pop in a DVD for a while, then check the NHC website for updates every few hours. They're not in an evacuation area, they're on high land, they have plenty of food and supplies, and they have a whole-house generator. Not much more they can do, and it doesn't help them to watch the Bahamian destruction.

I am so saddened by this. I’ve been going there pretty regularly for work for the last 12 years. I am so grateful that I was able to take my wife and daughter out there for a weekend trip in July. I’m glad that got to experience it before the destruction. My thoughts and prayers to all who live there, their lives have been changed forever.

I am so saddened by this. I’ve been going there pretty regularly for work for the last 12 years. I am so grateful that I was able to take my wife and daughter out there for a weekend trip in July. I’m glad that got to experience it before the destruction. My thoughts and prayers to all who live there, their lives have been changed forever.

Really sucks. I've been to the Abacos several times for vacation. Recognize a lot of the places in that video :(

Back