""""""""""""Great Shape""""""""""

Tail has major damage? Wouldn’t severed be catastrophic damage?

"Disassembled and ready for immediate shipping to your front door."

"Get your hands on the first edition experimental 'clipped wing' Cirrus."

"Elegant yellow and brown colored seats."

$95k seems about right...that's what it would cost for my time to haul it away and dispose of it...oh wait, they want ME to pay $95k???

A little gorilla glue and jb weld should do the trick!

So cirrusily....what are the avionics worth??

I ground looped a Chieftain once, but it happened on an ice covered runway.

"You won't find another Cirrus like this one! It's in unbelievable condition, ready for maintenance, and PERFECT for storage! At this price, this airplane won't last long.. we've never seen one in this kind of shape! Snap up this deal before it's gone completely!"

Could you use the chute out of this to extend your repack? Or would it have to be repacked when transferring it anyway?

Seriously (Or Cirriusly)...W...T...F!!!

"The pilot reported that, while en route, he used left rudder to stay coordinated and alternated his left and right leg due to muscle fatigue."

And this was a 1000+ hour pilot?

How many airports did he pass doing that? :popcorn:

I'm sure that will buff right out.

Whether or not it can be put back together again is a different question.

Ugh... this does not help our cause. This guy is a raging moron.. I kind of want to post this accident on COPA just to see what they say over there. "alternated his right and left leg due to fatigue" - what the F is wrong with this loser? In cruise even with the YD off the plane flies coordinated very well with minimal rudder required (Archer-esq)

I'm sorry, but this is serious nonsense.

And this was a 1000+ hour pilot
Also goes to show that hours mean SQUAT when it comes to whether someone is a good pilot or not.

I honestly can understand (some of) the Cirrus pilot prejudice.. was just reading a thread recently about a dude who did not understand why his Vy climbs into the flight levels were resulting in a CAS message for high CHTs.. seriously guy?!

Let's try a 120-130 IAS climb, ensure you're getting 35-39 gph in that engine, and keep CHTs under 380. Even climbing out on days where is 102 on the ground and ISA+22 at altitude I've never had an issue keeping CHTs under 380.. if you fly it right

Granted.. everyone does stupid things, like sump 7 jug fulls of sediment out of a new fuel system and launch out over the water and wonder why his engine quits

"1000 hours were spent on autopilot, and the rest was spent trying to fly like one."

“Examination of the data revealed that, within 25 seconds of the accident, the airplane descended from 782 ft mean sea level (msl) to 619 msl with descent rates peaking around 1019 ft per minute and the indicated airspeed decreased from 86 knots to 60 knots. About 2 seconds before the accident, the pitch attitude peaked at 7° with a left roll of 16°. The airport elevation was about 638 ft.”

So he descended to 619’ msl at an airport at 638’ msl? Well, there’s his problem. He flew it into the ground. 19’ into the ground. :eek:

I honestly can understand (some of) the Cirrus pilot prejudice.. was just reading a thread recently about a dude who did not understand why his Vy climbs into the flight levels were resulting in a CAS message for high CHTs.. seriously guy?!

Let's try a 120-130 IAS climb, ensure you're getting 35-39 gph in that engine, and keep CHTs under 380. Even climbing out on days where is 102 on the ground and ISA+22 at altitude I've never had an issue keeping CHTs under 380.. if you fly it right

Granted.. everyone does stupid things, like sump 7 jug fulls of sediment out of a new fuel system and launch out over the water and wonder why his engine quits

I didn't know you could pour that much fuel into a 6 cylinder.

1000 hours of being an idiot only makes him an experienced idiot.
this is also why it's a good idea to go for a genuine IPC even if you are not required because you stay naturally current. You can pick up bad habits on your own or by flying with a friend as a safety pilot

"1000 hours were spent on autopilot, and the rest was spent trying to fly like one."
obviously flying in a perpetual skid as he would oscillate from one leg to the other due to fatigue standing on the rudder pedal

It is a shocking amount, isn't it. You can practically see the fuel gauge moving in climb. That is for T and TN models atleast.. in cruise I lean to around 15.7-16.3

The Federal Aviation Administration inspector reported that he examined the airplane and verified rudder control continuity and that "everything was intact."

Sounds like the FAA guy might be a plane broker on the side.

this is also why it's a good idea to go for a genuine IPC even if you are not required because you stay naturally current. You can pick up bad habits on your own or by flying with a friend as a safety pilot

obviously flying in a perpetual skid as he would oscillate from one leg to the other due to fatigue standing on the rudder pedal
Wouldn’t it be a slip? Or was he turning left the whole time?

It is a shocking amount, isn't it. You can practically see the fuel gauge moving in climb. That is for T and TN models atleast.. in cruise I lean to around 15.7-16.3

I get the financial butt pucker when I see 23gph on climbout. I lean to high 11s to 14s depending on altitude, (O-540)

...Also goes to show that hours mean SQUAT when it comes to whether someone is a good pilot or not.

This has SFA to do with time based piloting skills, and everything to do with gawd awful individual decision making (which probably also transcends into other parts of this pilot's life).

Last edited:

The fellow two hangars down from me just bought a 2007 SR-22 (non-turbo). Uses it to go west over the Continental Divide to his lakeside cabin. Complained to me the other day that he burns 36 gph in the climb. His other plane is a Lycoming IO-540 powered Extra 300 in which he does aerobatics. Says the fuel burn in that is not comparable (whatever that means).

The fellow two hangars down from me just bought a 2007 SR-22 (non-turbo). Uses it to go west over the Continental Divide to his lakeside cabin. Complained to me the other day that he burns 36 gph in the climb. His other plane is a Lycoming IO-540 powered Extra 300 in which he does aerobatics. Says the fuel burn in that is not comparable (whatever that means).
Hmm. I wouldn’t think the two would have much difference.

I wonder if the "wobbling in crosswinds" was really "wallowing in near-stall conditions".

Back