Job Security....

Fly4Fun!

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Fly4Fun!
What careers as a pilot are not under "at-will employment"? What is the hardest job as pilot to be fired or furloughed from? Thanks!

What careers as a pilot are not under "at-will employment"? What is the hardest job as pilot to be fired or furloughed from? Thanks!
I know of no outfits that are immune to furloughs, but I’d always be wary of pure corporate gigs.
As far as “at will” employment, I guess that varies by state. Best bet is get on with a union carrier.

Independent CFI.

I can’t be fired or furloughed unless I fire or furlough myself. :)

In this job market? Go work for a crappy 135 or freight outfit. They are having a hell of a time hiring people, so you'd probably have to kill someone in order to lose your job.

When you apply for a job, just don't ask them what it would take for you to get fired! :yikes:

Well, go for the unfirable pilot job......

Uncle Sams fleet.

Are you planning to really suck at your job? Not show up on time? Sexually harass people? Maybe physically accost someone?

Seriously what type of debauchery are you planning? Inquiring minds want to know.

Here is an idea start a Youtube channel where you try to get fired from your pilot job by doing all sorts of hilarious and of course dangerous antics.

Some people's kids.

Go work for a crappy 135 or freight outfit

There are still the folks in 135 operations that feel they need to justify their reason to be there by firing pilots and telling the owner, ''Look at what a good job I am doing by firing pilots.''

Here is an idea start a Youtube channel where you try to get fired from your pilot job by doing all sorts of hilarious and of course dangerous antics.

Bonanza down in half moon bay, brought to you by ForeFlight and Bose! ;)

Pilot, engineer, college professor, whatever. It don't matter. If the right person wants you gone, you are gone.

Back