Monmouth Jet Center KBLM

Matthew Rogers

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Matt R
Shout out to the Monmouth Jet Center at KBLM for welcoming my little old C150 to the ramp next to multimillion dollar jets.

Yes, there was a $20 landing fee, but waived with 10 gal fuel purchase. And there was no issue with my 9.4 gallon top off since my tanks are small that that was all that could fit.

Ground crew was very nice and happy to help out in any way.

The lounge was immaculate and filled with tasty treats (including an actual "fill your own bag of candy" bar), comfy couches, restrooms, big screens, etc.

I met Rita, the manager/owner and she explained that they purchased the airport 4 years ago and were putting a lot of money into updates. Ramp and taxiways next year, manning the control tower soon (advisory only, not class Delta). They are not taking FAA money so that there are fewer hoops to jump through (and I assume then fewer random ramp checks as it is actually private property). Super nice people.

I flew down from 2NK9 by going high over the NYC Bravo at 8500 to get smooth air and a good tailwind. Came back through the SFRA Hudson River route. Both were nice, no traffic! At least not on the roads.

KBLM..... Biloxi, Missisippii.?? Birminlam, Ahabama.?? :lol::lol:

and I assume then fewer random ramp checks as it is actually private property

I was a flight instructor at a small private airport (12V) open to the general public in the middle of nowhere, West Virginia. That didn't stop the FAA from doing their job.

KBLM - Monmouth, NJ
What is the question about that? I am sure you can look up an airport code. Although with the smileys, I guess this is some sort of joke about the code. Plenty of weird codes out there.

I guess I was thinking that since it was private, the FAA couldn't just barge in without notice. They have jurisdiction, but are they allowed onto any property without asking? Perhaps private charted airports that are not open to the public are different, as those really are private property and no trespassing would be in effect.

It was in reference to the thread: https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/threads/minor-forum-peeve.121029/

I guess if a person had a private landing strip and operating under Pt 91, not open to the public and it was fenced off and marked "All trespassers will be shot, survivors prosecuted" might be different, but I really can't answer that one.

My favorite sign....

s-l300.jpg

KBLM..... Biloxi, Missisippii.?? Birminlam, Ahabama.?? :lol::lol:

I was a flight instructor at a small private airport (12V) open to the general public in the middle of nowhere, West Virginia. That didn't stop the FAA from doing their job.

KBLM -> Belmar

Hey, is the diner still on the hill next to the FBO or is it closed?

I hated that airport when I flew charter, jet traffic, skydivers, flight training, using both runways and uncontrolled....

I hated that airport when I flew charter, jet traffic, skydivers, flight training, using both runways and uncontrolled....

Me too. It was the only place I ever flew to that had skydivers, a banner tow, a Gulfstream and a blimp in the pattern at the same time.

Me too. It was the only place I ever flew to that had skydivers, a banner tow, a Gulfstream and a blimp in the pattern at the same time.

Your skydivers are clearly more skilled than the ones we have out my way. None of local ones here can fly the pattern worth a damn.

All the skydiving and banner tow operations are gone from the airport. New owners realize that was causing a sh-t show and shut it down.

Back