This was a big mistake....

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
406c08e30ab7f57c6aca654e6aa40ffe.jpg

80c2d50793d1159e6a8b20eff5a299c2.jpg

I got a ride in one of those once. As it turned out, I was the first passenger carried post-restoration, but I didn't know that until I was buckled in. Knowing the guys who did the restoration, I was a bit concerned. ;-)

Awesome.!!!!

One thing that helped me decide to go learn to fly was when I watched a bi-wing plane fly over at about a thousand feet. I could see the white scarf waving in the breeze and the pilot had one elbow over the side.

I got a total of 15 minutes in a Stearman.

Sorry, but since it's POA and we all debate/pick on minutia, it's monoplane, biplane, triplane.

Very cool! Lookin' good, man.

Not really the most useful craft in Fargo... but cool nonetheless.

Just to clarify I didn’t buy that thing, it was a 30 min ride someone gave as a gift but it’s pure joy ... a different kind of flying low and slow that I have never encountered before, a true flying experience with the wind hitting your face. Took controls for a while, did some steep turns, etc. no stall horn or even an inclinometer on this one, wish I did my primary in something like this. It’s all by feeling and the stall recognition was by smelling ... lol. No stall horn, the dude said if you smell exhaust fumes, you are about to stall and he want kidding.

Small private airport at Stanton, mn, good GA presence with glider operations. I might come back here next year for a SPIN training

I took a scenic ride at Sedona AZ (SEZ).
Worth it. Fun. Liked the ride in the front seat of the Stearman, even without a stick or rudder pedals...

I liked the balloon ride out of there, as well.

Got a ride in a Stearman many moons ago. After I got my hearing back and made my way home, I tried to convince the wife that college for our kids was way over rated and buying a Stearman made more sense.

We paid for the kids college......:rolleyes:

Small private airport at Stanton, mn, good GA presence with glider operations. I might come back here next year for a SPIN training

I thought I recognized that tower and the hangers! I was going to ask if it was Stanton. Wonderful to fly tailwheels off the grass.

Great field and nice folks.

I am contemplating them too for CFI Spin training. About three times as expensive as doing it in a Cessna, but likely also much more fun.

I am contemplating them too for CFI Spin training. About three times as expensive as doing it in a Cessna, but likely also much more fun.

It is expensive, no doubt about it but what a blast

Most enjoyable ride I've ever taken!!

My first flight in a GA aircraft was a Stearman tour over Hawaii back in the summer of 2004. I started flight lessons the next spring (2005) as a direct result of the fun I had on that flight.

The next time I flew in one was an aerobatic ride at Andover-Aeroflex in NJ a few years later.

Biplanes are just cool. Every pilot should be required to fly one at some point.

Van Sant airport in Erwinna, PA also has a Stearman for rides or training.

Never been in a Stearman. But I do have a vivid memory of one. The owner of a large local charter operation used to own one.
Years ago, early one summer morning I was walking the canyon streets of downtown on my way to my soul destroying office in a Big Oil tower. Perfect morning, crystal clear skies before the heat of the day started. And right over my head, visible between the high rises, chugged a classic blue and yellow Stearman. I remember thinking to myself "you're just not living right...".

Never been in a Stearman. But I do have a vivid memory of one. The owner of a large local charter operation used to own one.
Years ago, early one summer morning I was walking the canyon streets of downtown on my way to my soul destroying office in a Big Oil tower. Perfect morning, crystal clear skies before the heat of the day started. And right over my head, visible between the high rises, chugged a classic blue and yellow Stearman. I remember thinking to myself "you're just not living right...".
Ok, and what did you do to change that!!?? Love the Stearman, need to find someone to pay to go for a ride in one.

Having done spin training in the plane you flew in, I can highly recommend it.
Stanton also has glider rides, if you want to fly down and try two planes instead of one ;-)

Having done spin training in the plane you flew in, I can highly recommend it.
Stanton also has glider rides, if you want to fly down and try two planes instead of one ;-)
yupp saw a few in operations, also sparked my interest to get a few rides in and check out the no-go-around thing :p. next summer would be busy and expensive

Back