She's 70 and Still Showing Lot's of Bare Skin!

When did the N number get changed? She was NC2606N back in my day....

N2606N is still assigned to a C-120 registered in Minnesota. Different airplane perhaps?

N90098, the one in the photos, is a C-140.
Yep, mine was always N90098. The SNs and N-Numbers were in sequence. Here are some that are still registered:

SN 1954 N90093
SN 1955 N90094
SN 1957 N90096
SN 9159 N90098
SN 9161 N90100

Ok, thanks for the correction.... 2606 had a Rolls Royce O-200... So smooth!!!

Awesome photos! The subject helped too

Great photos of a beautiful plane.

You’re the reason I started polishing my spinner. It was looking really dull in one small spot before we did the first photo shoot. The rest of the spinner just had the flat aluminum look that I’d always seen and I thought that’s what I’d get if I polished the dull spot.

A few minutes with mothers aluminum polish and the dull spot was so shiny I had to do the rest of the spinner. Sometimes I think I should have left it alone because now I have to keep it polished. I can’t imagine how long it would take to polish an entire plane.

I have learned to use paste wax after the spinner is polished, and to never touch it with my hand if I’m sweaty, but sometimes you still get the blame for having to get the polish out.

I really like the photo of the airplane in front of the sorta rusty hangar with faded paint lettering. If you squint a little, it's the fifties again.

Back