6y9 Fly In 2019

Well, this is a week we look forward to every year, but will not happen this years due to having to take more Vacation than planned for the Knee Surgery. This would have been the 7th year in a row for us. Nothing like Grant and Leslie's run but every year since we flew up in 2013. We will miss everyone. Every one fly safe, drive safe and enjoy yourselves.

We certainly will miss you both!

We plan to come, too. And we will head to North Fox afterwards! We are so really looking forward to seeing everyone again. :)

How is the Zenith coming? Sorry if you’ve posted about it already, I only come on PoA for the 6Y9 deets!

Well, this is a week we look forward to every year, but will not happen this years due to having to take more Vacation than planned for the Knee Surgery. [...]

Sorry to hear. :(
Good luck for the surgery. I'm sure there will be another opportunity to meet again. :)

I'm planning on coming (and camping). Newbie!
Looking forward to it!

Very cool! Will you come all the way from Anchorage? We were there just a few weeks ago for some bush flying training and are planning to fly to AK next year ourselves.

Oliver

How is the Zenith coming? Sorry if you’ve posted about it already, I only come on PoA for the 6Y9 deets!

The Zenith project is coming along pretty slow... too many other things going on... :(
See you soon!!
Martina

Very cool! Will you come all the way from Anchorage? We were there just a few weeks ago for some bush flying training and are planning to fly to AK next year ourselves.

I left Anchorage on July 31st in the 172, and arrived in Madison WI on August 6th. Been bummin' around Wisconsin for the past few weeks (currently in Milwaukee), and I'll be in the Lower48 for a year before heading home again. It's a long story... Can tell it over beers this weekend!

I am going to miss hearing this story. Lived in AK for almost 4 years back in the 80s, Eielson to be exact. Have returned three times and the place still holds a special place in my memory.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Today it starts! If everyone comes that have said they were coming, I'll be surprised if we don't break a record. I do think we will break a record for the amount of newbies coming however, which is very cool! (Our phones have been "exploding"...)
Safe travels to our PoA family. We will miss all of you who couldn't make it this year.

Things look great for the weekend! We should arrive at around 7pm, maybe a bit later. :)

Things look great for the weekend! We should arrive at around 7pm, maybe a bit later. :)

I am so deeply saddened that I cannot be there this year. Plane down for annual, but that's the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

Oliver - in particular, I am disappointed I will not be able to hear you say, "Bo-nahn-zaa" for me. ;-)

And, just, everyone. Have fun for me. Let me know by text when you're headed to Hoppy's, and I'll cue up some Texas music on the Internet-connected jukebox.

Looks like we're just going to be -D-> 6y3 instead. Sorry folks!

I am so deeply saddened that I cannot be there this year. Plane down for annual, but that's the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

Oliver - in particular, I am disappointed I will not be able to hear you say, "Bo-nahn-zaa" for me. ;-)

And, just, everyone. Have fun for me. Let me know by text when you're headed to Hoppy's, and I'll cue up some Texas music on the Internet-connected jukebox.
Darn, no human X

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hope to see some photos!

Wish I could make it, y’all have fun!

Was really wanting to make this but plane is down for panel/avionics upgrades.

Hopefully next year! Should have VGs by then so that should help getting in/out. If not, I’ll be looking for @EdFred to ferry me over.

Great time with wonderful hospitality. I’m not home yet as of this writing, but at TOL, where I will be picked up by friends for dinner. Too many storms in the way. We’ll see what tomorrow brings.

Did you play Marty Robbins last night???

Anyone get a copy (or alternate version) of the group photo taken on Sunday by the AOPA/CAP/Tri-Pacer guy?
Or will we have to wait for the next issue of AOPA Pilot to see it?

Finally home, after an entirely too eventful set of flights. And the truly great John Cleese quote I was trying to get out of my drunken aphasic mouth explaining British cooking:

We had an empire to run

Finally home, after an entirely too eventful set of flights. And the truly great John Cleese quote I was trying to get out of my drunken aphasic mouth explaining British cooking:

We had an empire to run

Glad you made it home!!

The joke I was trying to remember:
"Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the mechanics are German, the lovers are Italian, and it's all organised by the Swiss.
Hell is where the chefs are British, the mechanics are French, the lovers are Swiss, the police are German, and it's all organised by the Italians."

Sorry I missed you all. Family gathering in Seattle. 50th anniversaries don't happen every year. I put 19.4 hours on the Mooney.

Wow. Great turnout! BUT, I didn't see many tents. Where is everyone 'crashing' (see what I did there?) these days?

I didn't realize it has already been 10 years!!! since the last time we were there until looking at the pic of the ceiling panel from Hoppy's!

Wow. Great turnout! BUT, I didn't see many tents.
The night time temperatures plunged into the 30's despite forecasts of 20 degrees warmer. One needs some pretty heaving duty gear to camp in it. Otherwise, one should move indoors, as I did.

It‘s all perspective. See pictures from our plane - the tent was set up in both:

B6E8C9CF-68F9-4DE0-8223-57DC36C7D893.jpeg

D88DBF6E-B904-441D-86A8-A52279E8D370.jpeg

The first night was definitely chilly, the second night was ok.

The night time temperatures plunged into the 30's despite forecasts of 20 degrees warmer. One needs some pretty heaving duty gear to camp in it. Otherwise, one should move indoors, as I did.

One year we were there, we woke up to a light frost on the tail of the plane. The next year, it was so warm, we were wishing we had brought the battery powered fan for the tent. Just never can tell up there...

But where is this 'inside' that you speak of? The only 'inside' the last time I was there was the FBO building or the two small cabins that had questionable availability.

Back