This guy makes base jumping look safe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it from your comment, you accustomed used to third-world-urban?

No idea what you're asking there (grammatically speaking). I grew up in Africa, and also spent a few years across India, Philippines and poorer parts of Saudi Arabia, if that helps.

I believe that's the race from Valparaiso, Chile.

I take it from your comment, you accustomed used to third-world-urban?

I took his comment literally, as in... actually interesting.

Otherwise translates as “a crap load of stairs” in this case. Hahaha. To me anyway.

Get off would've hurt some, but most of the speeds were actually pretty low, and the only thing to land on the guy is a wee bicycle. Neat race, looks like fun. I would actually worry about a wrong turn more than crashing.

No idea what you're asking there (grammatically speaking). I grew up in Africa, and also spent a few years across India, Philippines and poorer parts of Saudi Arabia, if that helps.

Wow - I have no idea why I decided to chain those words together in that order. WOW.

Consider that post one of my most epic grammatical failures ever!

Not bad. With a little practice, maybe he can become a bicycle messenger in Manhattan.

Aren’t they all riding those electric things that only go 19.9 MPH and never a tenth more to meet NYCs laws about those? LOL.

Exactly 19.9. Hahaha

Looks like something I would have attempted in my younger years.

Why does it hurt more to fall at my current age than when I was younger.??

There was a day I would have jumped at the chance to do that.
That day was last week, before I buggered up my knee.
Grrrrr.....

Everything looks faster on a GoPro. ;)

:)
You obviously haven't seen any of MY helmet cam footage! I look at my riding compared to actual fast guys, and it's embarrassing.

Thankfully that's not what I'm paid to do, or it would be a lot of ramen at the house of the Times.

I've done similar bombing runs but not in that extreme urban type environment. At least you will wrap around a rail instead of come to a dead stop face first into a pine tree. I've scared myself more than a few times. Still have my bikes..... Won't be doing much of that stuff any more. Too many bills with my name on them.

Holy CRAP!
An observation and a question:
I can't imagine that bike is good for more than a couple runs down that course.
Do they still cut the beating heart out of the losers down there?

Is there any other way?

It's only a simple pound of flesh that he asks for; nothing more. Antonio must be willing to pay the debt lest he default and be left with the agony of defeat.

Aren’t they all riding those electric things that only go 19.9 MPH and never a tenth more to meet NYCs laws about those? LOL.

Exactly 19.9. Hahaha

I don't know. I haven't lived there in a while. But when I did, bike messengers were considered to have come from the Tenth Circle of Hell -- the one even Dante couldn't bring himself to write about. Bicycle-versus-pedestrian accidents are way under-reported because most victims just want to get on with their days. Also, cyclists aren't required to have insurance, and most of them don't have enough money to be worth suing. So most people who are hit by cyclists brush themselves off and move on.

Rich

I don't know. I haven't lived there in a while. But when I did, bike messengers were considered to have come from the Tenth Circle of Hell -- the one even Dante couldn't bring himself to write about. Bicycle-versus-pedestrian accidents are way under-reported because most victims just want to get on with their days. Also, cyclists aren't required to have insurance, and most of them don't have enough money to be worth suing. So most people who are hit by cyclists brush themselves off and move on.

Not really kidding here, Denver doesn’t have as much of that sort of thing but in certain parts of town, where mmmm “undocumented” folks live, you know nobody’s insured. And that’s with vehicles. Our vehicle insurance rates have skyrocketed here and uninsured and underinsured runs me almost the same dollar amount annually as the rest of the insurance.

All sorts of vehicles running around with actual license plates from Mexico on them.

I’m not any sort of big anti-immigration buff, but we do need a way to nail car insurance ignorers.

I have heard from Australian friends that they fixed that problem long ago. Their cops have automatic plate readers (debatably more surveillance State but... better than a cop typing on a laptop and driving which is the utterly stupid norm here, when plate reading tech exists and works well) and they tie the insurance database into the PD database.

If the cop car reader scans a plate that comes back as not having auto insurance, instant lights and a pull-over.

Of course also works for stolen cars, plate expirations, and the other plate running related stuff.

Pretty efficient if you ask me.

There’s not a huge amount of malicious ways to have that turn into evil government and such, OTHER than a few guaranteed clerical errors in the databases and such, but you still have your paper or your app showing you have insurance in that case.

That’s one “Big Brother” tech that I’d be okay with. The threat of getting nailed the very minute your insurance expires, is fine by me. Same with the plates. Same with stolen vehicle hits. Pretty much everything a cop runs a plate manually for, is reasonable to just nail them if the database says “nope”.

That said, I got pulled over late last year or early this year because my plates on my truck were properly renewed but the State barfed the processing from the County. I had stickers, paperwork, the whole nine yards to show the officer, but his computer said the truck wasn’t licensed for half a year and therefore in his head, probably stolen.

He had the hand on the pistol when he walked up. Always fun.

Not two weeks later Karen’s truck came back the same way and we got another two cop car, single cop per car, felony stop. LOL.

I think the funniest part was her looking in the mirror and saying, “What the f***!” She doesn’t cuss much. Hahaha.

I knew it had to be the same crap I had just fixed on my truck happening to her, and I just doubled over laughing in the passenger seat and reached for the documentation from her glove box before we even got fully pulled over. Hahahaha.

Hands in view, still laughing when the officer walked up. She’s all serious over there at her window and through laughter I tell the cop “We just had this happen last week in MY truck! The state computer says this truck isn’t licensed, doesn’t it?”

Nice cops, all of them. Computers make everything better, right? :)

All sorts of vehicles running around with actual license plates from Mexico on them.

Those would most likely be Mexican citizens visiting the USA.

Do you presume when you see a Mexican automobile that it’s uninsured? You may be incorrect.

When they cross the border of the United States with their car they have a stack of paper to show the US Customs/Border Patrol agent.

There’s an entire industry in Mexico selling US Insurance to Mexican citizens for their trips North.

What is mind boggling is the creativity it took to make up the course.

Yep, and not returning. At least around here.

Your mileage may vary where you live.

Not exactly seeing them in the tourist hot spots in town. LOL.

Just illegal immigration to the sanctuary city.

So, you know as a fact you have Mexican citizens living in your area driving past their visa and with no insurance? How did you determine this?

Mexican people don’t always look for tourism spots. They often look for family.

As a resident of Mexico I see the illegal immigrants that no one talks about. The Americans that take clerical and bilingual jobs for under the table money. But that’s another thing

If it’s sanctuary-city blues.... you voted for it.

Imagine training on that same route other than on race day!

If it’s sanctuary-city blues.... you voted for it.

Nope. Transplants from California over in the rat colony voted for it. The rest of the state voted against it.

But do go on. Tell me more about the State I’ve lived in all of my life. It should be good for a laugh.

Nope. Transplants from California over in the rat colony voted for it. The rest of the state voted against it.

But do go on. Tell me more about the State I’ve lived in all of my life. It should be good for a laugh.

I don’t have the expertise to do so, but I do know crap like this often comes from voters. The sanctuary city promised lots and delivers lots of bad things including crime.

But I do have experience as an American expatriate, binational living, the states of Illinois, Arizona, California, Baja and Baja South. Methinks you’d be fun to share a beer with.

1DEDB853-6036-47F6-ADC4-3B7FA2FFC1B2.jpeg

Ladies, ladies, ladies........

I don’t have the expertise to do so, but I do know crap like this often comes from voters. The sanctuary city promised lots and delivers lots of bad things including crime.

But I do have experience as an American expatriate, binational living, the states of Illinois, Arizona, California, Baja and Baja South. Methinks you’d be fun to share a beer with.

View attachment 77436

Ladies, ladies, ladies........

Have something to add?

I have this new rule I’ve been following. When having a civil online conversation and someone injects with crap like that, I say what I would say in person to the interruption.

Shove your “ladies” thing up your ass.

Meanwhile...

There’s no catfight going on. Simple statements of fact about Colorado drivers and insurance rate causes in a bad driving thread.

I already said Boston was the worst, and they don’t particularly have an illegal immigration problem, last I checked. Our illegal immigrants drive better than New England Citizens. LOL.

And hail damages more cars than accidents here, but accidents hurt more humans, of course.

With annual hail claims exceeding two digit millions every season, that means the significant two fold jump in uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage is a significant number. Especially with 3.5M more “good drivers” feeding the insurance pool. It wasn’t going broke from hail.

One could argue that a part of it is a city that hasn’t changed its road infrastructure significantly in over five decades with 3.5M more drivers. That’s part of it too. But that would deplete the main insurance pool, not the uninsured and underinsured pool.

Actuaries know things. Ever see an insurance company not make a profit? LOL.

Looks like something I would have attempted in my younger years.

Why does it hurt more to fall at my current age than when I was younger.??

You don't fall as much... you're out of practice. We should all fall more. When you don't fall frequently, you lose your proficiency, become frightened and hesitant, tense up, and get hurt. Relax, fall frequently, be happy.

Even I can't tell if I'm serious about this or not.

Reported..... seriously.

Have something to add?

I have this new rule I’ve been following. When having a civil online conversation and someone injects with crap like that, I say what I would say in person to the interruption.

Shove your “ladies” thing up your ass.

Meanwhile...

There’s no catfight going on. Simple statements of fact about Colorado drivers and insurance rate causes in a bad driving thread.

I already said Boston was the worst, and they don’t particularly have an illegal immigration problem, last I checked. Our illegal immigrants drive better than New England Citizens. LOL.

And hail damages more cars than accidents here, but accidents hurt more humans, of course.

With annual hail claims exceeding two digit millions every season, that means the significant two fold jump in uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage is a significant number. Especially with 3.5M more “good drivers” feeding the insurance pool. It wasn’t going broke from hail.

One could argue that a part of it is a city that hasn’t changed its road infrastructure significantly in over five decades with 3.5M more drivers. That’s part of it too. But that would deplete the main insurance pool, not the uninsured and underinsured pool.

Actuaries know things. Ever see an insurance company not make a profit? LOL.

Reported..... seriously.

You interrupted a conversation with a rude and inappropriate comment. If you did the same in person, I’d have said the same thing.

Report away.

Do you regularly walk up to people talking and say stuff like “ladies” and pretend you don’t know the speaker’s gender or attempt to use that as an insult, when you weren’t even involved in the conversation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back