Annual on Canadian aircraft? Or import?

It has already been established that Canadian AMEs can't ply their trade in the US.
So .,, If an A&P-IA can't, there is no way of getting it done. Other than a FBO that has done the authorization paper work.

OBTW when I posted the
mip_can.pdf
I was agreeing with Bell 206 as that is the controlling document.

FYI: that was the same rev date of one I posted.
I know, isn't it nice to be right? When I re-posted it I was simply agreeing with you as it was /is the guidance, but I don't agree with your interpertation

Anyway/ either way, I'l leave you guys to figure it out, and go with the guidance I get from Transport Canada/aviation.

isn't it nice to be right?
No. But that's not the point of this exercise. It's only purpose is to get the correct information out for public consumption. ;)

No. But that's not the point of this exercise. It's only purpose is to get the correct information out for public consumption. ;)
Well try this, directly from the Canadian regulations.

Persons Who May Sign a Maintenance Release
  • 571.11 (1) Except as provided in subsections (2) and (7), no person other than the holder of an aircraft maintenance engineer (AME) licence issued under Part IV, specifying a rating appropriate to the aeronautical product being maintained, shall sign a maintenance release as required by section 571.10.

• (2) A person other than a person described in subsection (1) may sign a maintenance release if
    • (a) in the case of maintenance performed outside Canada,
      • (i) the person is authorized to sign under the laws of a state that is party to an agreement or a technical arrangement with Canada and the agreement or technical arrangement provides for such certification, or

• (ii) if no agreement or technical arrangement provides for such certification, the person holds qualifications that the Minister determines to be equivalent to those of a person described in subsection (1)
If I am authorized in there US, I'm authorized by this Canadian regulation.

Last edited:
Well try this, directly from the Canadian regulations.

Persons Who May Sign a Maintenance Release
  • 571.11 (1) Except as provided in subsections (2) and (7), no person other than the holder of an aircraft maintenance engineer (AME) licence issued under Part IV, specifying a rating appropriate to the aeronautical product being maintained, shall sign a maintenance release as required by section 571.10.

• (2) A person other than a person described in subsection (1) may sign a maintenance release if
    • (a) in the case of maintenance performed outside Canada,
      • (i) the person is authorized to sign under the laws of a state that is party to an agreement or a technical arrangement with Canada and the agreement or technical arrangement provides for such certification, or

• (ii) if no agreement or technical arrangement provides for such certification, the person holds qualifications that the Minister determines to be equivalent to those of a person described in subsection (1)
If I am authorized in there US I'm authorized by this Canadian regulations.

If you look at post #30, Bell206 already posted that regulation.

And its apparent you still don't understand any of this. Please explain how you would sign off a 12 month TC inspection using your certificate (FAA)? Also explain the differences between a TC 12 month inspection and a FAA annual inspection.

If I am authorized in there US, I'm authorized by this Canadian regulation.
Ha. Since I previously posted this exact CAR, see post #30 and #38 for my rebuttal. No sense retyping. It's all about the legal certifications.

Ha. Since I previously posted this exact CAR, see post #30 and #38 for my rebuttal. No sense retyping. It's all about the legal certifications.
Then IAW your interpretation, there is no way to have a Canadian 12 month inspection completed here.

Then IAW your interpretation, there is no way to have a Canadian 12 month inspection completed here.
Yes, outside a specific TCCA authorization. Think of it this way. Since it is not legal to have a Canadian AME perform an annual on a N reg aircraft per Part 43.17, do you think our Northern friends would allow an uncivilized APIA (not my words) perform a 12 Month/Annual on one of their C reg aircraft?

Yes, outside a specific TCCA authorization. Think of it this way. Since it is not legal to have a Canadian AME perform an annual on a N reg aircraft per Part 43.17, do you think our Northern friends would allow an uncivilized APIA (not my words) perform a 12 Month/Annual on one of their C reg aircraft?

Exactly.

It has already been established that Canadian AMEs can't ply their trade in the US.

Established by who (whom?)?

By the aviation regs, yes they can. I know of no Canadian air reg that restricts where a Canadian AME can work on and certify a Canadian registered aircraft. If that was the case, Voyageur better get out of Africa, Air Canada better get out of New York and Air Transat out of Europe. AME's at these companies work and certify Canadian registered aircraft daily, while being no where near The Great White North.

The trade department or border security might have a say in it, but that has not been brought up at this point.

PS Ken Borek is another good example, though they like to fly and fix in The Great White South!

Flying back for every annual is an option, but it also gets expensive. Back and forth would cost me $2K - so that's essentially $2K extra for every annual plus I will have to be up there for 2-4 weeks. Certainly an option - but I'm hoping there's an easier way.

Fly the AME to the aircraft. ;)

Back