only in Tennessee....

I wouldn't necessarily call it a Tennessee thing, more possibly a Chinese restaurant thing?

We had this great Chinese place near my office, just loved it. Of course the place was a sty, and we knew the health department would close them down, which they did. Seems like the best Chinese food is always in the filthiest restaurants.

The Chinese place in Collegedale next to Tractor Supply (which used to be a supermarket) was caught in a news story many years back rummaging thru the dumpsters behind the supermarket for vegetables and chicken. Mmmm, yum! I love me some dumpster Kung Pao chicken!

The Chinese place in Collegedale next to Tractor Supply (which used to be a supermarket) was caught in a news story many years back rummaging thru the dumpsters behind the supermarket for vegetables and chicken. Mmmm, yum! I love me some dumpster Kung Pao chicken!
Gross! The best one I’ve found is Imperial Garden next to Best Buy. Always seems clean and their health department score on the wall is near 100 last I remember. I’m sure there’s a reason that sweet n sour chicken tastes so good though.... ;)

Last edited:
There was a Kosher Chinese restaurant near my old work . . .that was the only one I ever frequented, as a good buddy spent time as an exterminator after high school, gave me the gruesome details, and neither of us ate Chinese food again. . .

I mean it really isn't Chinese food anyway, really; just an Americanized take on some of the ingredients. I think (don't know) that most of those places buy the stuff from wholesalers, basically packaged up for heating, other than cooking the rice on prem. . .

A Chinese place in VA beach located next to a bait store would clean and fillet your fish if you let them have the heads.

Edit: of course I know about fish head soup. It just seemed weird they would take head from anyone. Did every person bring the fish straight there and keep them on ice or did a few let them sit a day in a cooler with minimal ice? I just want to make sure proper fish handling procedure was followed.

Last edited:
Went to the local steak house here one time and saw a small stream of water running next to the wall and going into the kitchen area. I followed the water upstream and located the source.

A toilet was leaking from between the base and the floor.

I notified the manager and showed it to him. He said he has called a plumber and should have it fixed late this afternoon. I told I would be happy to call the health department and show this to them unless he chooses to close until the leak is fixed and the kitchen is cleaned. He was NOT happy.

The restaurant now has a new owner and manager, but I still haven't gone back.

I would be Ok with that but my wife would want the heads back...:vomit:

tenor.gif

Since when did they rename Old Hickory lake to Yangtze Lake? :skeptical:

A Chinese place in VA beach located next to a bait store would clean and fillet your fish if you let them have the heads.

Edit: of course I know about fish head soup. It just seemed weird they would take head from anyone. Did every person bring the fish straight there and keep them on ice or did a few let them sit a day in a cooler with minimal ice? I just want to make sure proper fish handling procedure was followed.

They’re going to boil them. If that doesn’t kill it...

A good number of Chinese food patrons ,at times have consumed alcohol,and don’t seem to care about cleanliness.

One of the better Chinese restaurants near my office is next door to the cat hospital.
RIP, Fluffy.

[Fox News]”The owners of a Chinese restaurant in Old Hickory, Tenn., have been gone viral on social media...”

I thought @Ryanb was talking about the awesome grammatical skills of Fox News “journalists” in Tennessee.

I assume you aren’t using the word kosher as it’s original definition.
I think I am??? They had the Rabbinical symbol/logo, and advertised themselves as a place to keep Kosher, serving Chinese food. . .

Back