what’s in your arsenal?

I've got nothing fancy, a few semi-rare rifles, bought just because they aren't your typical every-gun-owner-has-one guns. More for collecting rather than protection. I don't use them to put food on the table, most of them are just kept for their beauty, they look cooler than modern rifles

Remington 5mm, love this little rimfire, can drive nails with it.
Marlin 30/30
A Belgium made catalog shotgun with Damascus barrel that I will never shoot.
AR-7
12 gauge side by side coach gun
Some old single shots.
A few Henry lever action rifles

Last edited:
I had to empty one of the safes since my wife wanted tile floors.
7338d8ef7c7bba548bf74ac44d19122b.jpg
Looks about like mine, if you were to add in several dozen handguns. I have a room just for ammo as well (probably close to 100k rounds). I'm sure I'm one of those guys that the news media would sensationalize if I ever got into trouble.

Barrels splitting at the crown, strikers cracking,and FTF/FTE seems to be the biggest issues. When the shooters could not make it through a mag w/o a stovepipe or slide out of battery, we called it enough and switched to Sig. Smith was good about repairs under warranty. Never a complaint from them. But I would never bet my life one one. They day I need it to work, it better.

I have heard the 2.0s are much better guns. But I'll never buy a Smith after seeing our M&P issues. They were all .40s if you are curious.
Weird. My M&P 40c never had one single malfunction... ever. Dead reliable without exception. I only put a few thousand rounds through it, but still probably more than 90% of people who own one ever will.

I probably had 50 rifles and pistols between myself and my dad over the years, most of which he sold off. I still keep the S&W 639 9mm (home defense pistol and the one I used to shoot in ISPC competition), a Series '70 Colt 1911 .45, and a S&W 629 .44 magnum revolver.

I brought over a HK P9S and a Walther PP Super from Germany, both former polizie issue. The P9S was a great shooter. The PP Super was hard to find ammo for outside of special order.

I also had an Argentine license Browning Hi Power. The fit and finish wasn't as good as an FN model, but functional it was the same. Terrible sights, awful trigger, high center of recoil, and it would only reliably feed NATO style sharp nosed ball ammo. Pop's FN was built like a watch, and had slightly better sights, but was otherwise the same. Sharp looking but definitely a step backwards from the 1911.

I have a start of a collection. Is interesting when it starts being less about filing possible missions, and more about what is fun to shoot, or looks good in the collection, or other criteria. It is almost more difficult in some ways.

Sigs:

P229, SP2022 and P365

Other pistols:

Walther PPS M2

ARs:

1 16" adams piston upper on PSA Snek lower
1 10.5" SBR - BCA upper on Spike's snowflake lower
1 beater AR 16" BCA upper on no name lowe

Shotguns:

20 Gauge Maverick for my stepson
12 Gauge Mossberg 500

Rimfire:

Savage Model 64

Need more Guns

There actually is, for some of us. In the course of a year, I often don't cycle through all of them at the range.

True, but 1/2 the safe for me are family guns. I may not shoot them much or at all but they will be passed down to the kids after me. The stuff I bought tends to get used. The latest is a 2-barrel set Parker Winchester reproduction in 20 and 16 gauge. The pheasants will quake at my name in fall.:D

I took up scuba diving and found a ton of guns underwater. I added them all to my collection but as fate would have it I lost them all in a boating accident and could never find them again.

I do boat repair, people. Just saying. :D

I took up scuba diving and found a ton of guns underwater. I added them all to my collection but as fate would have it I lost them all in a boating accident and could never find them again.
May have been my guns you found, as coincidentally, I too lost my collection in a boating accident.

View attachment 77275 Beware of the man with one gun, for he knows how to use it.

You say that, but my father had one rifle to his name which was stored on a gun rack in the garage. I believe it was given to him by a friend, and was likely just a cheap .22 which we never shot or even bought ammo for. It even had a mud dauber nest in the end of the barrel at one point. I think he sold it at a garage sale when they were getting ready to put the house up for sale. The rest of the gun rack held extension cords and a grease gun, lol.

Back