Name my new (to me) car....

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Starting to put some serious thought into purchasing a replacement car. Will be red in color and a sedan.

Looking for ideas on what to name it....

Bonus points will be awarded for something in one or more of the following categories
  • Aviation
  • Humor/funny/punny
  • Over the top macho
  • Badasss
  • Texas A&M
Extra awards go to names that can be shortened into 7 characters for the license plate. But unlikely to go for this option due to the expense. Would rather put those dollars toward a more useful item, such as 100LL.

Last edited:
I’ve seen a number of vehicles with the sticker on them that says “Financial Mistake” recently.

But this guy’s plate — I wish I had thought of it.

59dd795551c4a772b848392c4bf171b2.jpg

Contributions of More than 7 letters are encouraged.

"CAR"

Never understood the need to name objects that already have a name.

But since it' used...

Sloppy Seconds. Something every guy that went to A&M can relate to.

9D649B3C-56F9-4958-A4EC-DA00EFEE1242.jpeg
"CAR"

Never understood the need to name objects that already have a name.

But since it' used...

Sloppy Seconds. Something every guy that went to A&M can relate to.

The first car I can remember giving a name was our '93 Range Rover County LWB (bought used). Loved that truck, but it seemed like I spent more time doing maintenance and repairs than driving it. I had loved and lusted after Land Rovers since I was a kid, though, and couldn't pass up the opportunity when it presented itself. Coincidentally, as kid/teen, I felt the same way about Miss Emma Peale, from the Avengers. Sooooo....the Rover was named Emma, thinking that they were both British, and it would make spending so much time underneath her more enjoyable.

Suggestions? Hard to do. Our cars have always named themselves once their personalities became evident after driving and living with them a while. Get car first. Name soon come.

Our Pearson 26 is "No Regerts." Perfect. Her renovation made the Rangie seem like owning a new Toyota.

Addendum... over the top macho, "badass" names are really only effective if used ironically, like say, a Prius named "Stomper" or a Volvo 240 named "Flash", or a Honda Fit called "Crusher." Whenever I see a big ol' truck with a license plate or banner that says something indicating "Testostotruck," my initial reaction is always "What a vinegar and water application device."

I have to see it before an appropriate name comes to mind.
Post pic when you purchase

I never named a car until after I was married. We named our first (a 1979 Ford Fiesta) Furrious Ford. (We had a little nondescripts stuffed animal that went with the "fur" in furrious and sat on the dash). We named our second (1984 Honda Civic Wagon) "Ugly Duckling". The only other car we named was a 1977 Oldsmobile Delta 88 (bought from an estate in 1986) "Emma". After that, no names. But each of those seemed to fit. When we had the Oldsmobile, they were doing TV ads with famous old people and their kids (I remember Ringo Starr doing one and William Shatner doing another) where the punch line was "This is not your father's Oldsmobile." I toyed with the idea of getting a bumper sticker that said "This is my father's Oldsmobile." because it was everything I disliked about Oldsmobile land yachts.

How about "Fireball XL-9"? It's red, it's aviation related (sort of).

I thought naming cars was something only women did. Guess I am wrong!

Yup. The only car I've owned that ever had a name was my 1972 Datsun 240Z. My then girlfriend insisted the car must have a name (her car had a name). So, partially in spite, I named it Leroy.

Next up, let someone else choose the tattoo you're gonna get.

I want the most random, hard to remember combination of letters and numbers possible.

Wish I had a picture to share. Followed a Z06 Corvette out of the airport a few months ago with a vanity plate that read VNE. Thought that was pretty creative.

Red Raider.....no wait....

Red Baron
Red Storm
Rediculous
RPM Red
Aggie Redolicious
Red Aggie Airplane Sprayer Thing
Contrail Queen
IO-360-Agg

Something has to stick

We've only ever had one car that had a name. My wife had a '94 Camry, which I gave no respect, because, well, it was a Camry. Over time it became known as Rodney, even my wife called the car Rodney lol.

I never named a car until after I was married. We named our first (a 1979 Ford Fiesta) Furrious Ford. (We had a little nondescripts stuffed animal that went with the "fur" in furrious and sat on the dash). We named our second (1984 Honda Civic Wagon) "Ugly Duckling". The only other car we named was a 1977 Oldsmobile Delta 88 (bought from an estate in 1986) "Emma". After that, no names. But each of those seemed to fit. When we had the Oldsmobile, they were doing TV ads with famous old people and their kids (I remember Ringo Starr doing one and William Shatner doing another) where the punch line was "This is not your father's Oldsmobile." I toyed with the idea of getting a bumper sticker that said "This is my father's Oldsmobile." because it was everything I disliked about Oldsmobile land yachts.

How about "Fireball XL-9"? It's red, it's aviation related (sort of).

First car I shared with my wife (it was hers while we dated, then ours after we got married) was a '73 Olds Delta 88, nicknamed "The Batmobile." I hated it the first time I saw it.. liked it when I stomped on the gas the first time ("Rocket 350" engine), and loved it when I found I could fit TWO Yamaha 4115 speaker cabinets in it, my keyboards (including a Rhodes and a Polymoog), and a host of other band gig equipment... AND my wife in it. Lot of good times in that car... loved the bench front seat, too. She paid $400 for it w/ 42k miles on it in 1981. We sold it for $300 with 130K miles on it and rust bullet holes everywhere eight years later. Great car... and definitely not my father's.. he was more of a VW bug/bus guy. MPG meant more than anything else to him.

Norvo
Mitchell
Rodney

(jazz fans will get it)

Back