what’s in your arsenal?

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
Dad and I found a place to do some skeet shooting not terribly far from the house. It’s nice on a Sunday afternoon to pack up the 12 gauge and go out for some practice. It’s also been a little while since I’ve honed my skills at the indoor range, so it was nice to do a little target practice as well with the M&P 9mm.

So, what’s in your arsenal that you enjoy shooting?

1474366390-p2980025.JPG

Every kid needs a dozen Nerf guns in their arsenal.

CZ75, Ruger SR1911 45acp, Wyndam Weapons A2, Ruger GP100 .357, EAA Witness 9mm, few Mossbergs 500...

Nice collection! I’d love to shoot a 1911 sometime.

Ruger 10/22, Mosin Nagant, Wyndham AR-15, Mossberg 500, Mossberg 500 Tactical home defense, Ruger American 308, Ruger LCP 380, S&W M&P shield 9mm, S&W 1911PD, S&W 642 with crimson trace.

Having maintained just under 100 in service pistols, there is no way I’d carry one to save my life. Keep laughing. You bought a substandard carry gun. They are garbage guns.

Having maintained just under 100 in service pistols, there is no way I’d carry one to save my life. Keep laughing. You bought a substandard carry gun. They are garbage guns.
I don't have any problem with it.... ;)

And what specifically do you think is wrong with it?

By far the most fun to shoot in my collection is the Sig 226 TacOps. Seconded by the wife’s Sig 2022. But there’s days when only the 1911s will suffice.

Our of the rifles, the LWRC AR carbine is fun.

And of course for plinking pop cans or whatever is nearby, or teaching a kid to shoot, nothing beats the old Marlin Model 60. Have a Ruger 10/22 for similar stuff but it’s just not as fun. Grew up shooting a Model 60 as a kid.

The other stuff isn’t AS fun but I can’t remember a bad day at the range other than when dad’s silly assed 3” 1911 refused to cycle properly.

The 1911 just wasn’t destined to be a pocket gun. He complained about that thing having problems before he passed on, too. I only keep it as a keepsake at this point. The silly thing is a PITA. S&W doesn’t make proper 1911s anyway. Ha. Stupid thing short cycles at least once a magazine.

nothing beats the old Marlin Model 60.
I have to agree on the Marlin 60. When they switched to the shorter tube, I hit up the pawn shops and picked up a few more with the 18 round tube. Fortunately around here, everyone wants the 10/22 so they could be had for about $100. The newer ones, after Remington bought them, aren’t the same quality.

Damn I forgot the third Gen Smithy semi auto.

Smoothest nicest old school stainless pistol I’ve ever run. Thing just shoots well.

Ugh. Can’t remember. 6809 model?

Lovely pistols. Smith shouldn’t have stopped making semi autos like that.

And I’m with @unit72 - the Tupperware Smith stuff just isn’t well built. Wife has one. She shoots it well but she’d reach for the Sig over the Smith in a “you can only pick one” scenario.

To me the trigger on the Smith modern stuff sproings and pulls like the old spring loaded BB rifles we had as kids. Awful trigger. I can shoot it, but ick. Gimme a Sig with the SRT any day of the week over that. Or a nice crisp 1911 trigger.

Anybody can shoot nearly anything well with practice. Except maybe a KelTec. Hahaha.

I had to empty one of the safes since my wife wanted tile floors.
7338d8ef7c7bba548bf74ac44d19122b.jpg
My limited experience would lead me to believe that this kind of collection is less uncommon than a lot of folks would think.

For those of us with less money, it’s still shockingly easy to wake up and find you somehow ended up with 10 different “missions” that you tried to buy for. Gotta have that 22LR rifle to plink with, a shotgun, a rifle, a bolt-rifle for bigger game, a LTC pistol, a bigger one for ranch work... etc.

I don't own any. Guns are evil. They do things. Its not safe to have them in the house. Actually, all kidding aside, I lost all my guns in a terrible boating accident several years ago.

Yeah me too

Pfft. Terrible thing happened the night before the ban. No sign of forced entry but the safe door is wide open and nothing in there.

Someone must have staked the place out and took them to sell on the black market in Chicago or something. Hell if I know.

Come on... everyone knows that's reasonable suspicion that you actually still have some. (ok, now that I've gotten that off my chest)

If you think so. Good luck finding them. LOL.

One of my favorite pairs
c820d9e66063d0da8a30451184cd0ed3.jpg

Stop that! I keep trying really hard not to start a revolver hobby. That gets spendy fast. I already have a Sig problem here. LOL.

My limited experience would lead me to believe that this kind of collection is less uncommon than a lot of folks would think.

I always chuckle when the dumb ass media claims some terrorist or SSRI laden idiot who’s doctor didn’t follow the law, and turn in, shoots up something, they find three guns and 1000 rounds of ammo and claim they had “an Arsenal”. LOL.

Around here 1000 rounds is barely enough to have a couple hundred for each caliber. I could blow through that and need to reorder for that caliber in a single range session.

Worse if you compete. Having 1000 rounds of your favorite stuff means you’re low and it’s time to reorder. Haha.

Plus the reality is, the machine tools and plastic printing tech is well within the price tag of the home gamer or a bad guy hell bent on making a firearm in a garage. CNC machines are lovely machinery for the shop.

It isn’t exactly rocket science. Well it kinda is. Little lead projectile science anyway. LOL.

Too many to list.

My favorites...my father recently gave me his Model 94 .30-.30 that he got on his 16th birthday. Circa 1948.
FN 5.7 x 28mm pistol.
Engraved Colt 1911 in .38 Super.
Beretta A400 xplor Action 12 gauge shotgun.
Sig Sauer 556R.

Actually, I like all of them.

...Plus the reality is, the machine tools and plastic printing tech is well within the price tag of the home gamer or a bad guy hell bent on making a firearm in a garage. CNC machines are lovely machinery for the shop.

It isn’t exactly rocket science. Well it kinda is. Little lead projectile science anyway. LOL.

I've been trying to get one or two of the sheeple I know to understand this. Its useless. I showed them pictures of African tribesmen hammering out workable copies of AK-47s in their huts, and asked if they thought a couple of good 'ol 'merican Bubbas with a ShopSmith and a few trips to Home Depot could do at least as well. ....crickets...

All my guns mysteriously sank to the bottom of the lake in a boating accident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've been trying to get one or two of the sheeple I know to understand this. Its useless. I showed them pictures of African tribesmen hammering out workable copies of AK-47s in their huts, and asked if they thought a couple of good 'ol 'merican Bubbas with a ShopSmith and a few trips to Home Depot could do at least as well. ....crickets...

I’ve made a dozen AKs in my garage, made one out of a shovel.

And what specifically do you think is wrong with it?

Barrels splitting at the crown, strikers cracking,and FTF/FTE seems to be the biggest issues. When the shooters could not make it through a mag w/o a stovepipe or slide out of battery, we called it enough and switched to Sig. Smith was good about repairs under warranty. Never a complaint from them. But I would never bet my life one one. They day I need it to work, it better.

I have heard the 2.0s are much better guns. But I'll never buy a Smith after seeing our M&P issues. They were all .40s if you are curious.

Back