SJC Noise Complaints

There are ordinances against things like train horns at the end of your driveway. That said, if there are railroad tracks behind your house, and a crossing road within a mile, there will be train horns every time a train approaches the intersection. The rail was likely there before your house was...

This whole topic, to me, is like certain state voters moving out of their "paradise-like" certain state, because of high taxes, over-regulation, and a huge indigent population camping, peeing, and perpetrating otherwise unsanitary behavior on their streets; and moving to freedom loving states nearly as paradise-like but without high taxes, and stifling regulation... And then .... Voting, protesting, and insisting that their new residence become exactly like the *$&-hole they were so disgusted with...

Sounds like the death of the state where I live. Too many people have moved here complaining of the situation where they came from, then voting in politicians who are doing their best to ruin this state, too. A common problem.

Now, as to horns. I had a neighbor decades ago who had visitors for a few days. One night, after our kids had gone to bed, this idiot started blowing his musical horn. Right next door. When I called him on it his reply was, "But it's a fun horn!". Fun or not, it woke up my kids. What an idiot. Fortunately, he didn't do it again.

You don't like the situation that existed before you moved there, don't move there. Real simple. I don't care if it was a railroad crossing, a farm, a gun range or an airport. It was there first, and (hopefully) will be there long after you move.

Quote removed.
Thanks, can I take these off too? It's really cumbersome to use my nose... ?
3abe93bf35066ca2239117d189350866.jpg

There are ordinances against things like train horns at the end of your driveway.

There are ordinances against straight pipes and modified open exhausts at the end of my driveway, too.

Back