What is you total time to # of landing ratio?

25 landings for every hour, or 25 hours for every landing??

Both seem o_O

Maybe you meant 1.25?

A little over 10,000 hours and 250,000 landings. 1:25.

I'm sure that sounds bizarre to an airplane-only pilot, but for a helicopter doing lots of training and offshore deck landings, it becomes clear.

Some of those light helicopter guys have logged nearly a million landings after 20 years of deck hopping!

stopped counting after 1200 or so landings. Used to lots of short flights and airport hopping while ago but for last 5 years mostly cross countries.

.51, with 231 hours total.

I don't use a plane to travel at least not yet. Due to my current flying situation and being on a grass strip there can be some longish gaps especially in the winter and spring between flights. I almost always do three landings every time I fly to push my currency out. There are times when I go out and will do 10 landings in an hour just for fun. I like to land what can I say.

3.5/hour o_O:D

I have 2.48 landings per logged hour.

When I got my first Mooney, my landings per hour would have been going down considerably. Recently started flying the taildragger a lot just for pure fun. On any day with nice weather, I start the day with a takeoff and quick flight over my daughters lake house at about sunrise, then back for a landing or two. Since there’s usually no traffic at all that early, I will do an idling engine spiral down to the threshold or come in intentionally high and slip down. When there’s an interesting crosswind, I’ll go a few rounds just for fun. All this recent recreational tail dragging is most certainly driving up my landing count.

Over the last year, about one landing every 6hrs. Swapping with another pilot does that.

Better than it used to be. When flying long haul, it was one landing about every 80 hours. And that’s considered frequent by some!

Last edited:

I'm sure that sounds bizarre to an airplane-only pilot, but for a helicopter doing lots of training and offshore deck landings, it becomes clear.

Some of those light helicopter guys have logged nearly a million landings after 20 years of deck hopping!

Wow that’s really impressive!

Landings and takeoffs are always equal. It’s just a state of mind. I don’t crash. I have bad landings :)

We log differently. I have 2202.2 hours, 2450 takeoffs, 2449 landings in the logbook. The "one", while controlled, I felt was not defensible as a landing since the plane left in a UHaul. :D

For this game I guess my ratio is 0.89

Due to the most popular hunnerd-dollar-hamburger place having been 0.8 from my home airport, I'm at nearly 1:1.

If I bounce my landings a couple of times ... does that count as one landing or 2...3?

as a 25 hour student who struggled with, and is still not satisfied with, his landings, I have performed 125 landings....so .25 :confused:

Actually, that should be .20, not .25. Just saying... And I've got a bit over 430 hours and I still don't like all my landings, nor will I likely ever like them all. Just goes with the game.

.37 for me. 434.7 hours / 1178 landings. :p

And I've got a bit over 430 hours and I still don't like all my landings, nor will I likely ever like them all. Just goes with the game.
I've been trying to get a FR done all weekend. The CFI also fly's Med Exac and is on night shift. We have not been able to hook up this weekend because he is flying most of the night and sleeps during the day.

After 1100 hours I still have my bad days. Sure hope I'm on top of my game when we hook up for the FR.

.61 for me... i need to get more landings ...

.56 for me. 578.1 hours/1041 landings. I spent a lot of time practicing landings, or just going for a short flight to enjoy the Maryland Eastern Shore scenery. Lately working on my instrument rating I do about three approaches, one landing at about 1.5 hours per flight. I miss looking out the window. It's way more pretty than the C172 panel.

0.40 for me, but I only have 105 hours. I also like to take a flight every once in a while where I just practice manouvers and do landings in various configurations.

I don't log my landings either, but when I'm heliskiing it's not unusual to do over 125 landings per day.

When you're landing on one skid is that 1/2 a landing? And what about toe ins?

Last edited:
Back