Sold 1/5th A36TC at KHEF Manassas,VA

weilke

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
weilke
I have been a part-owner of this plane since 2012. As I have bought into a different partnership closer to home and dont have enough time to fly two planes, I have to let this one go.

N1807F is a 1981 A36TC. The engine is a TSIO520UB Continental reman installed in 2014. It is equipped with a GEM engine monitor and GAMI injectors. Engine has just finished a 'repair' after a prop-strike that happened during ground operations. The repair included:
- new Hartzell Top-Prop
- overhaul of all cylinder assemblies with new valve guides, springs etc. ('top overhaul')
- replacement of all bearings in the bottom-end
- Non-destructive testing of all bottom-end components and case
- replacement of all the components required to be replaced during a 'sudden stoppage inspection'.
- overhaul of magnetos and alternator in accordance with applicable SBs
So pretty much everything involved in a full overhaul except for an overhaul of the fuel system and turbo.
All repairs and the cylinder overhaul were performed in spring 2019 by Bill Cunningham at Powermasters in Tulsa, OK.

The numbers at this time are approx: TTAF 6400, TSFRM 900, TTOH 50, TSPOH(new) 50hr

Paint is 15 year old Imron and maybe 7/10 with some rain related erosion along the leading edges. The plane is scheduled to into the sheetmetal and paint shop to get some cosmetic damage from the prop-strike repaired and the leading edges re-painted.
Interior is 8/10 and was redone 8 or 10 years ago. The plane has a working 6-place oxygen system, a heated prop and Osborne tip tanks with a 5-position fuel selector (no transfer pumps). Useful load is 1350lb with no problems to use it. Fuel capacity is 114Gal. The pictures show the plane with the middle row facing forward and the third row removed. Installing the third row and turning the middle row around gives you club seating. The conversion takes an hour the first time you do it and 15 minutes the second time around. There is past damage history from an off-airport landing 15 years ago.

Equipment:
- KFC 200 autopilot with HSI, flight director, fluxgate compass
- GNS530W
- GTX345 transponder with ADSB in/out (displays traffic and weather on GNS530W)
- GDL69 weather receiver
- KT197 (Com2)
- backup AI (electric)
- backup pressure pump (electric)
- Artex 1000 ELT (with GPS position)
- Insight GEM3 engine monitor
- Shadin fuel flow
- EI digital tachometer
- the rest is original, a KNS80 VOR/DME, ADF (inop)

The group owns an ipad and we maintain a Foreflight subscription for maps and approach plates. We also have subscriptions for satellite weather and garmin updates for the 530W. The ipad also displays the ADSB information (weather/traffic) from the GTX345.

The corporation maintains overhaul and maintenance reserve accounts that get funded by the hour based on what we have spent in prior years. Currently, the monthly share of fixed expenses is $250/member and the reserve/maintenance/upgrade contribution is $100/hr (hobbs). The reserves are held in a corporation owned bank account and convey with the sale of the share. The plane is hangared in a city owned hangar at KHEF and is insured at 1mil/100k with all the co-owners listed as approved pilots/insured.

I really hate to sell. The group of owners has been great. There is an annual meeting held each december to go over maintenance records, set a budget for the next year, plan upgrades and set a tentative schedule of 'priority weeks' for the coming year. Availability has been much better than what you would expect in a larger partnership. Some of the members dont fly all that much and frequently the plane is available for a week trade on short notice.

$39,900 to sell my 20% stake in the corporation that owns the plane and overhaul/maintenance reserves. It's about 35k for the plane and 5k for what's in the bank account. So less than a pickup truck to buy and 250/month to hold the keys for a great travel plane based in the NoVa suburbs. Can't beat that.

Please contact me via private message or at recruitment@dr-oboh.com

N1807F_front.JPG N1807F_tailfeathers.JPG N1807F_Prop.JPG N1807F_engine_right.JPG N1807F_panel.JPG N1807F_second_row.JPG N1807F_cargo.JPG

Last edited:
Yes. Flew the plane last week, but I don't need two.

I bought into a partnership at 2W5 earlier this year. I am sure there are others. Took a couple of years for that share to come up for sale.

hey Paul Lilly on East Coast Pilots FB is looking for this....contact him.

Just to bump this with some good news. The plane will have a new prop, and an engine fresh out of a teardown inspection and cylinder overhaul by Powermasters. I'll recalculate the share price after all the bills are paid.

We also may have a new tug.......

Please note the details of the engine repair and a lowered asking price. Plane chewed up a tug earlier this year prompting a 'sudden stoppage inspection' and a new prop. While the engine was apart, we had Bill Cunningham at Powermasters overhaul the cylinders with new valve guides, re-ground valve seats etc (iow. a 'top overhaul'). Asking price is lowered to $39,900 to reflect the impact the repairs had on the reserves held by the partnership.

Anyone interested, please contact me via the PM feature or at recruitment@dr-oboh.com

Last edited:
Looks like the price went up $99 not lower. Unless I missed something. Wish I was closer.

The cash price is actually down by a couple k from what I was looking for last year as the top overhaul, insurance deductible and a couple of 'while we are here' items reduced the cash reserve that conveys with the purchase. The $99 difference was a misprint at the end of a overnight shift.

I did make the trip over to Manassas to see what I thought. It’s 55 miles and about an hour depending on traffic. I thought it was really a little too much drive. That’s why I’m hoping for Winchester, but there is not much going on out here.

I would like to see the plane. I’ve been looking for a while for such an arrangement and I’m only a few miles away. Feel free to contact me at any time. Frostyprice@gmail.com 703-505-3233

Greetings! Have you sold yet? Very interested.

Interested! I just posted looking for partnerships to form to pick up maybe a 182 or Arrow, but a Bo would be great. Have you sold your share yet? If not, would be interested. I fly from HEF currently, but I am renting. Looking to get into something with more range/size than what I rent now. I am there frequently to fly, so I could meet you if you haven't sold your share already. Please PM me if still available and if interested.

D'oh! I didn't even see the sold tag. Was too busy drooling over the pics. I need sleep....

Well, if anyone wants to look into starting a NEW partnership, hit me up PM. Seems to be a lack of such things at HEF or maybe I just don't know where to look.

Back