oil filter with no box

blueskyMD

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bigfoot297
I am always wary of this website- Skygek but today while searching for a deal on oil filters I came across the filter listing on Skygeek. Looks like they are selling filter with no box at discounted price and there is a $15 manufacture certificate fee. Whats going on here ?

Attachments

• 2019-08-22.png
    2019-08-22.png
    254.1 KB · Views: 51
They’re just selling individual filters that were bought in bulk. If you buy a six pack of the Tempest filters fhey’ll Come in a big box that are individually bagged.

I’d have no prob buying this way. I’ve bought from sky geek numerous times in the last year. And you don’t need a cert..... buy the damn filters for $20 and get enough stuff for free shipping.

I love ‘em, but my few pounds of paper and cardboard per year rotting back into the ground will not save any trees. The compost will feed a few though.

Trees are a crop. Maybe we should stop eating corn so we don’t lose any of that crop.:eek:

To the subject at hand, since the filter comes with no box to destroy the environment, isn’t that a good thing? Maybe you would prefer it shipped in plastic so we could heap the landfills with non biodegradables.

You just like to argue, I guess. America's packaging practices are hugely wasteful. There's nothing to be proud of there. We could and should do better. I'd be happy to receive oil filters wrapped in paper.

Can’t argue with that, but I would much rather see paper goods used than plastic. It’s biodegradable and a replenish-able resource.

Back