New RockAuto Discount Code

RJM62

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geek on the Hill

Good for 5 percent off until October 20, 2019. Enter the discount code in the 'How Did You Hear About Us?' box without any other numbers or characters. No min or max, may be used repeatedly and shared.

This is not a commission code. I've been a RockAuto customer since they were selling spokes for horse-drawn buggies, so they shoot me discount codes on a regular basis and invite me to share them with family and friends. I'm not sure posting them to a forum was what they had in mind, but they didn't say "IRL friends only."

Rich

Last edited:
O'Reilly's gives a 10% veterans discount

As does Advance Auto, one of my favored shops for stuff I buy locally. But even with the discount, they tend to come in much higher than Rock Auto for things like brakes (plus require a hundred miles of driving). But I do use them for stuff I want right away. Some (but not all) NAPA stores also give a 10 percent veteran discount. I use them, as well.

Rich

And, has already been "shipped" (boxed up for pickup) from two different locations. Supposed to show up Monday and Tuesday.

That's a great auto parts store.

So now I'm wondering, how much IS a buggy spoke going for these days?

I don't know, bit you should only replace one if you have a C&E supervising and willing to sign off on it.

(Carriage and Equine)

Rock auto sent me a part that did not do what it was supposed to do. Broken. Would not return it because i typed my email in wrong and u cant talk to anyone at the company its how they keep prices low...i was told though an email. Had to get credit card company involved to get money back. Was so disappointed in my dealings with them... good luck. Local Napa has always been reasonable and good to me and the part worked from them. So i support even online.

Rock auto sent me a part that did not do what it was supposed to do. Broken. Would not return it because i typed my email in wrong and u cant talk to anyone at the company its how they keep prices low...i was told though an email. Had to get credit card company involved to get money back. Was so disappointed in my dealings with them... good luck. Local Napa has always been reasonable and good to me and the part worked from them. So i support even online.

That's unfortunate. I've ordered lots of stuff through them over the years (probably a couple-thousand $$ in total) and it's always come in perfectly. I've never had to deal with their customer service to correct anything, since it's always been delivered as ordered.

Advance Auto online discount code is "care". 20% off up to $50 in savings. Free shipping to your home if you buy over $25.

I'm sure some of their parts can be used on airplanes ;)

Rock Auto is very fussy about returns - you need to be aware of the policy before you start ripping boxes open.

I can't speak on their customer service because I've never had occasion to contact them. They've fulfilled all my orders properly, including a few bizarre ones for some of my older cars.

My opinion is that Rick Auto is a good place to buy parts that no one else has, or to buy parts that are massively overpriced locally or through other online vendors. There's no reason why an identical brake kit should cost three times as much at one online vendor as another. I'll cut the local brick-and-mortar guy some slack for overhead; but I mean like 20 or 30 percent slack, not 200 or 300 percent slack.

The local NAPA here isn't bad, but some of their prices are absurd. They also don't have much in stock, so nearly everything winds up being a special order. Usually it only takes a day or two, though.

Advance Auto online discount code is "care". 20% off up to $50 in savings. Free shipping to your home if you buy over $25.

They're very good. I use their store when it's worth the 50-mile drive each way or when I have some other reason to be out that way. I also ordered some engine oil and an air filter from them online as a test order last week, and it arrived in two or three days.

Rich

I'm sure some of their parts can be used on airplanes ;)

Yep ... Rock Auto & Aircraft Supply or Advance Auto/Air Parts. Get everything from plugs to filters, oil, fuses, etc. I'm experimenting!

Dale

Back