"Hey, there's a bear in the living room..."

The story isn't good enough, the newsfolk had to call it a "giant" bear in the photo caption.

Judging from the shot of it on all fours standing at the counter, the bear is somewhere near 30" at the shoulder (when on all fours). This is pretty average for a black bear yearling, hardly a giant. We had one walk through our back yard years ago and we managed to get a photo and size the bear by measuring the marks on a birch tree that the bear walked past in the photo. Somehow they grow bigger when they surprise you, though...

"Our" bear was discovered inside a trash dumpster at the nearby school the night before. The custodian came out to empty the trash and then went quickly inside to change his pants.... :hairraise:

I couldn't sleep for weeks after I saw this movie...

That’s not so bad. Oh. You said bear. I thought you said beer. My bad. :)

I couldn't sleep for weeks after I saw this movie...

I saw that movie in the drive in during the summer of '76. Scared the girl I took so bad that she would not let me touch her....and she never went out with me again. :(

I was pretty sick a few months ago and could not sleep and saw that movie again on late night Tv.

I saw that movie in the drive in during the summer of '76. Scared the girl I took so bad that she would not let me touch her....and she never went out with me again. :(

I was pretty sick a few months ago and could not sleep and saw that movie again on late night Tv.
"Hey, there's a bear in your avatar..."

Back