Bought first airplane

jd21476

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
jd21476
So I pulled the trigger and just bought my first airplane. She is a 1976 Grumman AA1-B with the O-235-c2c. For Avionics she has a basic radios and transponder but a Garmin 400, fuel flow 450 and ADS-B.

Attachments

• 332E9D60-533A-4830-AE42-3C3832ECF4F8.jpeg
    332E9D60-533A-4830-AE42-3C3832ECF4F8.jpeg
    222.4 KB · Views: 357
Congrats!

Now that is an interesting paint scheme.

Gosh those are fun to fly. Flight plan for 125 mph (108 kt) and be over an airport at 3 hours if you started with full fuel.

Congrats!

BTW, I can still make out the N number.

YOU CAN DO BETTER on the pics! Why be stingy?

Congrats. I’ve watched the AA1s since I was a kid. There used to be one in a black and yellow checkered (aerobatic?) paint scheme tied down at Midway airport in Chicago. When we would ride our bikes by my dad and I would always stop and drool through the fence.

Congratulations. Grumman for the win!!!

Congratulations. Safe flying.

BTW, I like the fact that you can get on the FAA's web site and find aircraft of a particular make and model in your area. It is a good way to see it the owner's are interested in talking to you about their aircraft, taking you for a ride, or selling.

So I pulled the trigger and just bought my first airplane. She is a 1976 Grumman AA1-B with the O-235-c2c. For Avionics she has a basic radios and transponder but a Garmin 400, fuel flow 450 and ADS-B.

Congrats. Nothing beats owning an airplane. Well, maybe owning more than one would beat it, but fly safe, have fun, learn a lot, and treat it well.

Very nice! I wish you many fun times ahead!

Love that plane. Wanted an AA1 all the way until we had a son. Got a Tiger therefore. Get some type training and have a blast. Great choice and congrats!

LOL. 1977! That was just about the all time peak year for GA piston aircraft production.

"...and protest the high costs of buying, flying and maintaining airplanes"

Looks like some things are constants in light GA. :cool:

Congratulations! Now get out there and fly!

Looks familiar, where was it based before you bought it? Northeast?

I’ve been eyeing AA1’s... hoping to pick one up soon. Congrats!!

Congrats! You'll love ownership!

Congrats!!!

But do you have one of the cool white helmets from Pilawt's picture?

My neighbor has an AA1 with that same paint scheme. I thought for a minute he sold it to you. But he has the small N-number on the tail.

I have many happy memories of many AA-1B hours. She's a fun airplane. Enjoy!

Congratulations. Safe flying.

BTW, I like the fact that you can get on the FAA's web site and find aircraft of a particular make and model in your area. It is a good way to see it the owner's are interested in talking to you about their aircraft, taking you for a ride, or selling.

Thats actually exactly how I found this one.

If I’m not mistaken particular Mooney Mite might be the one that once flew without a vertical tail... The particularly skilled pilot, based at KSEE, got it on the ground without further damage. I believe it was repaired and flew again, don’t know its current status.

Hope to see the AA-1 around the patch :)

If I’m not mistaken particular Mooney Mite might be the one that once flew without a vertical tail... The particularly skilled pilot, based at KSEE, got it on the ground without further damage. I believe it was repaired and flew again, don’t know its current status.

Hope to see the AA-1 around the patch :)

That is that particular Mooney Mite. I spoke to the pilot and he told me the story of losing the vertical. He got it on the runway and the ATC at the time said she had to come five him a hug, she said she couldnt watch cause she thought for sure he was a gonner. Really nice guy.

Small world...

I sent you a PM.

Back