King School Multiengine thoughts?

TimRF79

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
Thinking of getting the King School MultiEngine course, anyone happen to have any insight on it?
Or a discount code?

I don’t see a need for a $250 King ME package. Get the Jeppesen Multi engine manual - $60 eBay. If you want videos, plenty free on you tube.

Thinking of getting the King School MultiEngine course, anyone happen to have any insight on it?
Or a discount code?

Who are you doing your multi-engine training with? Most have training materials, or at least a recommendation of what they'd like you to use. As you know, there's no knowledge test for the multi-engine checkride add-ons, so you're just lookin for practical test prep.

If you want videos, plenty free on you tube.
A couple of really good ones if you search “doug rozendaal multi engine”.
Who are you doing your multi-engine training with? Most have training materials, or at least a recommendation of what they'd like you to use. As you know, there's no knowledge test for the multi-engine checkride add-ons, so you're just lookin for practical test prep.
I know you’re not intending to ignore it, but the way you worded it triggered my instructor hackles a bit... ;)
You’re not only looking for practical test prep, but also for real life survival knowledge.

I know you’re not intending to ignore it, but the way you worded it triggered my instructor hackles a bit... ;)
You’re not only looking for practical test prep, but also for real life survival knowledge.

A little more involved than just survival.

My advice applies universal to virtually all flight training: It's beneficial to solicit your instructor's input regarding any accessory training you're receiving. Some stuff is better than others, and how one instructor explains and teaches a topic is different from another. Since videos and training courses aren't particularly interactive, it's possible to pick up misunderstandings that can't immediately be rectified.

Which is what the practical test should be testing for.

Last edited:
My advice applies universal to virtually all flight training: It's beneficial to solicit your instructor's input regarding any accessory training your receiving. Some stuff is better than others, and how one instructor explains and teaches a topic is different from another. Since videos and training courses aren't particularly interactive, it's possible to pick up misunderstandings that can't immediately be rectified.
I’m excessively monosyllabic...I didn’t understand that. ;)

Regardless whether a person is looking for a quick and dirty weekend multi rating or more advanced training, I don’t think an entire King course is necessary. I’d suggest finding the instructor you plan to work with and ask for material recommendations from them. The FAA publications, plus Doug R’s videos, plus any instructor assigned materials is likely more than enough information to learn to fly twins.

... and from the FAA in their handbooks.

Those have an amazing discount code and are what the test is based off of. Amazing deal!

I also got to watch the exciting Jeppesen video from the 80s which was just alright except it had a sexy Cessna 303 in it doing short field stuff somewhere here in CO at a private paved strip I can’t figure out who’s or where it was. :)

Spend as little as possible to get the class add-on and then spend money on flying as much as possible.

Use those hours to practice all the unique multiengine procedures and get comfortable with the airplane.

The King is reasonable stuff for written test prep, but I'm not sure how much the ME course is going to teach you since there's no written. I agree with the others. Get the manual for the plane you'll be doing your training/checkride in and study that to death.

Back