Audio Panel Desires and Wants

weirdjim

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
weirdjim
Of course, we all want an audio panel that sits up and makes the morning coffee and pours the night-time apertif and everything in between.

Recognizing of course that each bell and whistle adds $$$ to the audio panel cost. AND remember that everything we sell like this is in KIT form that you have to build yourself. So, with my best SEWAG, here we go

Basic audio panel, switches between #1 and #2 com, a nav receiver or two, and basic music audio for a sell price of about $350 or so.

Add a #3 com for $25
Add stereo music for $35
Add automatic switching between coms (i.e. if I switch to #1 transmit, does the phones/audio switch automagically) $10
Split audio between pilot and copilot (dual transmit) $20
Split between pilot/copilot and passengers $25
Audio voice recorder of all headphone audio for two minutes (ATC readback, etc.) $20

Anything I forgot?

jim

What's the difference between a desire and a want?

Thought about Bluetooth? That's one of my favourite features on mine.

+1 to BT for smartphone connection

Probably a bit much for a $350 kit, but just curious... how much would HRTF mapping add?

Definitely bluetooth. Apple dropped audio jacks from their phones years ago.

I would be interested if you could hook up a handheld like the Yaesu 550 to com 2.

HRTF = Head-Related Transfer Function = IntelliAudio(R) = MultiTalker(R)

Of course, we all want an audio panel that sits up and makes the morning coffee and pours the night-time apertif and everything in between.

Apparently I'm strange, because I just want the audio panel to sit there, work, and not take one iota of my mental wattage with its function.

Back