independent flight instructor near Dripping Springs

ZippyMAC

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
ZippyMAC
Good Day folks,

I have been plodding along to get PPL license.
looking for an independent CFI since I am Part 61 a self starter, self trainer etc.. figure why stop now.
basically went through Sporty's learn to fly and got my Written done. Lost patience with a CFI who just wanted to keep the seat warm.

I have proficiency in all Take Off, landings, stalls, steep turns GRMs, and emergencies - having had a few in real situations - wife is asking why I still want to do this - I said what is to you if the life insurance is up to date - that is a joke.

what I am looking for is a CFI not wanting to cut their baby teeth on a safe comfortable pilot - need experienced CFI and a plan to finish the Private license- plane and work schedules have wreaked havoc on plans so foget the plan and go with flow, but schools want to rent planes I just want to rent the plane enough to get get my PPL not build hours for their ATP wannabees.

Hope this does not come off as course, gruff, crass, obtuse or any other words liken to a old grump, but after having electrical failure in one plane, a fuel sump valve fail in another, and other rental plane issues I got good at looking at maintenance logs and well a bit tainted with flight schools. INOP stickers are not permanent and not a good teaching aid in flight or having someone explain 91.205 and 91.216 minimums.

Dripping Springs, Texas - sorry should have thought of that...

I shoulda guessed it was the Texas one. Anyone moving to Dripping Springs, NM would get pretty lonely.

Is Brady too far away.?

So you’re looking for an independent CFI who’s also going to supply the plane?

Or do you have dedicated access to a plane and just need a CFI?

Curious who your current experience has been with.

I believe my questions have been answered here.
thanks for the responses, but going to have to just stop for now.
Might pick flying up at a later date, but need to face it, its just not going to happen.

Please close this Posting... Nothing Further...

basically I sat down with a DPE and went over logbook and got explanation of process - he can not say if I am ready or not just wanted a sense of things.
basically there is no quick way for me its a CFI to understand and be comfortable with my proficiency and then schedule a DPE - looking at 45 days for next opening - UGH...
Medical expires this month and test results expire next month SOooo - just going to fly with a friend who has a plane - Mooney love that plane - anyway then stay on flying get medical and February next year pick it up again and work it out. I will have a 100 on the test and probably know more than I need and ace the check ride too.
Happy flying folks...

I will have a 100 on the test and probably know more than I need and ace the check ride too.
Congratulations on your upcoming 100 on the test and acing of the checkride! I’m surprised the DPE didn’t sign you off right there.

not allowed - just need to be patient and wait.
only recommendation lesson learned I have is once a person solos get the DPE scheduled ASAP and drive to the goal.

In the SAT area some DPEs are backlogged as much as 12 weeks. Folks are scheduling their check rides as soon as they start training.

Back