Baron Crash just off KILG

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
Two dead in plane crash near I-95 at Churchmans Road

Two people are dead after a small airplane crashed in the woods near I-95 at Churchmans Road on Sunday morning, the Delaware River and Bay Authority said.

DRBA said the aircraft, which is registered to a Philadelphia resident, took off from Runway 32 at the New Castle Airport about 8:50 a.m. The pilot then immediately notified the air-traffic control tower of an urgent need to return to the airport, DRBA said.

The aircraft crashed about two miles north of the runway in a wooded area off I-95 and Route 7 near the White Clay Medical Center, said DRBA, which operates the airport. The pilot of a plane that crashed near I-95 and Del. 7 on Sunday was a former Army Air Cavalry staff sergeant who worked as an associate for the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Terrence Daniels, a 52-year-old Philadephia man, owned the 1965 Beechcraft 55 Baron twin-engine plane, according to records from the Federal Aviation Administration. He was flying it when it crashed on Sunday, a family member confirmed. One other person, a passenger, also died in the crash, the Delaware River and Bay Authority said. That person has been identified as Albert Dohring, a flight instructor from Middletown.

This one hits close to home. I worked with Al at the DRBA for many years, he was in airport ops, I was in engineering. I also flew with AL for my transition training in our Debonair and in his club 182Q.

Mary and I are both devastated, after what we went through it just really strikes us and stirs all those thoughts and emotions. Life is certainly short, enjoy it, and let the folks you love know it.

Al Dohring 1.jpg

My thoughts are with you. Sorry to hear this.

Damn. Looks like the people commenting on Kathryn's report already figured out and drew conclusions and judgments

Damn. Looks like the people commenting on Kathryn's report already figured out and drew conclusions and judgments

I’m sure people closer to other ones have said the same about here in the past.

It’s going to happen. Completely unavoidable on the Net.

Thanks all, I'm anxious for the NTSB to do their thing and find out what really happened. I saw the link for Kathryn's report but I know better then to go there a read all the sewer spew from folks who really have no clue and then get myself worked up.
It’s going to happen. Completely unavoidable on the Net.

Yes it is, so it's best for me not to go there.

Thanks all, I'm anxious for the NTSB to do their thing and find out what really happened. I saw the link for Kathryn's report but I know better then to go there a read all the sewer spew from folks who really have no clue and then get myself worked up.

Yes it is, so it's best for me not to go there.

Especially you. You have the unique experiences of knowing what it’s like when crap is barely under control and survivable, which is one step from unsurvivable. :(

Sorry Gary. I just hope that if my time comes I at least have the wherewithal to fly the airplane all the way into the crash.

Back