Annual inspection

So how about an apology to the guy you falsely claimed was twisting your words?
I know what I was trying to say, I just typed it incorrectly, so I deleted the post.

How about an apology from all of the guys who have falsely accused Tom of saying things he hasn’t said? That would be quite the laundry list.

I know what I was trying to say, I just typed it incorrectly, so I deleted the post.

How about an apology from all of the guys who have falsely accused Tom of saying things he hasn’t said? That would be quite the laundry list.
So that’s a no. Not surprised.i quoted it before you deleted it so everyone can still see the truth.

So that’s a no. Not surprised.i quoted it before you deleted it so everyone can still see the truth.
Great, I have nothing to hide. Print it out and hang it on the wall.

N7fMpYm.png

So just removing inspection panels to have a look see requires a return to service? Owners do that all the time.
What makes you believe how trivial the maintenance makes a difference?

The majority of replies on Tom have quoted what he wrote, and offered evidence where he was incorrect.

And Tom has been incorrect on a lot of things, especially involving regulatory interpretations.

The majority of replies on Tom have quoted what he wrote, and offered evidence where he was incorrect.

And Tom has been incorrect on a lot of things, especially involving regulatory interpretations.
see what I mean,, and the groupies all like it.

And who has the final word as to whether or not an airplane is airworthy?
That depends.

43.3 pretty much covers it.

and 43.7 has this
(a) Except as provided in this section and §43.17, no person, other than the Administrator, may approve an aircraft, airframe, aircraft engine, propeller, appliance, or component part for return to service after it has undergone maintenance, preventive maintenance, rebuilding, or alteration.

It also goes on.

The key word in all of this banter is “interpretation”

Since I’m the IA and I’m the one signing the logbook my interpretation rules. You got an issue with it? Too bad.

The only thing it depends on is the owner/operator. Read the question. The "final word" is up to them. 91.403(a).
No. misinterpretation, That says

91.403 General.
(a) The owner or operator of an aircraft is primarily responsible for maintaining that aircraft in an airworthy condition, including compliance with part 39 of this chapter.

That says nothing about who can declare airworthiness.

His question = "And who has the final word as to whether or not an airplane is airworthy?

Since I’m the IA and I’m the one signing the logbook my interpretation rules. You got an issue with it? Too bad.

But the thread "derailed" over an A&P/IA making an incorrect assumption of what the OP was doing with his mechanic. To be fair most of us who are card carrying A&P/IA's understand the regulations as we use them.

And the regulations covering A&P and IA's is not that difficult to interpret, however a few try to push the limits and creatively reinterpret to their select meaning.

There ya go,, my ink, my rules.

No. misinterpretation, That says

91.403 General.
(a) The owner or operator of an aircraft is primarily responsible for maintaining that aircraft in an airworthy condition, including compliance with part 39 of this chapter.

That says nothing about who can declare airworthiness.

His question = "And who has the final word as to whether or not an airplane is airworthy?

giphy.gif

Bell brings up a good read for owners 91.401 -91.409.
MHO should be required reading for owners.

But the thread "derailed" over an A&P/IA making an incorrect assumption of what the OP was doing with his mechanic. To be fair most of us who are card carrying A&P/IA's understand the regulations as we use them.

And the regulations covering A&P and IA's is not that difficult to interpret, however a few try to push the limits and creatively reinterpret to their select meaning.

But your posts have done nothing to add to the subject, they just ridicule me. As Always.
You know that your last post was nothing but a rationalization of your actions.

watch, the groupies will be along to heap on.

So just removing inspection panels to have a look see requires a return to service? Owners do that all the time.

Technically, yes. But it gets done all the time. Seats removed and installed, cowls off and on, inspection panels, batteries, wheel pants, etc, etc. Not a single word in the logs about it.

Technically, yes. But it gets done all the time.
Don'tcha Know.. :)
last year the aircraft had 6:00X6 tires and wheels with pants, this year its got 8:50X6 with no pants and new double puck brakes. (nothing in the logs)
I told them if he was going to work that way he could find some one else to do his annual.
I don't need customers that do that.

But your posts have done nothing to add to the subject, they just ridicule me. As Always.
You know that your last post was nothing but a rationalization of your actions.

watch, the groupies will be along to heap on.

funny-things-to-say-to-a-person-who-is-always-a-victim.jpg

Big question why didn't you understand what the regulations say about return to service entries..

Yeah I guess you follow the rules OK

All your post in this thread.
Yer just trying to feel good about being a hater.

Serious question. Are you drinking, or on some really heavy medication as you're writing this stuff? I have to ask because your are really being incoherent.

Seriously.

You could post a picture of a peanut butter sandwich on here and some people would quote FAR’s violated.

Kraft Smooth, homemade bread. My licence, I mean belly, my interpretation.

Chunky is just wrong! ;)

What’s the point of creamy PB? It’s just peanut slime. My wife prefers that junk. :)

According to FAR 21.30.21.21117:

The term "chunky" or "crunchy" are not necessarily exchangeable at will. A peanut technician with no less than 432 taste buds per square inch can make the individual determination."

According to FAR 21.30.21.21117:

The term "chunky" or "crunchy" are not necessarily exchangeable at will. A peanut technician with no less than 432 taste buds per square inch can make the individual determination."
maybe Tom will weigh in on that?.... :confused:

Back