Pressurized/FIKI

C_Parker

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
x
What do you guys consider to be the short list of the most economical pressurized and FIKI aircraft?

A member of our board had a pressurized FIKI 210 with boots that he flew and loved for about 25 years.. flew it all over the country during that time..

Unfortunately that's about all I can offer... the list of pressurized FIKI aircraft is going to be short in general (at least for single engine piston)

Pressurized and economical do not go together. But the Malibu looks pretty impressive to me, short of a pc 12 or tbm series turboprop.

Pressurized and economical do not go together. But the Malibu looks pretty impressive to me, short of a pc 12 or tbm series turboprop.

I tend to agree, based on my research a late 80's Malibu is the most economical option.

Most economical to buy or fly?

The Malibu isn’t the cheapest to buy but I’d guess that it has to be one of the least expensive to operate.

If you have to ask you can't afford it......the options are few and far between.

Get a SR22T, Columbia 400, or A36TN and suck on oxygen instead

P210 and Malibu
That would be really it unfortunately honestly. Like I said, one of our numbers on the board at my company had a pressurized 210 for over two decades and absolutely loved it! For what it's worth, I'm a tall skinny guy and find the Malibu cramped for some reason. The 210 feels much bigger.. something to think about if you plan to spend many hours in cruise in either machine

Back