Flying to Branson

Archer Jack

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jack
I've never been to Branson, MO but heard it's fun. Anyone flown to the area? Looks like there are 2 airports there. Thoughts?

Kbbg it's close to a lot of the condos. Very nice FBO and treat you very well. No ramp fees for single engines.

Other airport is closer to downtown and all the attractions, but I can't speak to the FBO operations there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I go often and it depends on what you want to do or where you are staying. The downtown airport is just that, on a hill above town and on the east side. It has AVIS rental on site.

Branson West is about 10 miles on the west side of town, with Enterprise rental available.

BBG has the only commercial traffic and it is only available a few times a week if I remember correctly.

Branson is one of our favorite weekend getaways. We’ve been to all three Branson area airports multiple times and had good experiences at all of them.

Branson Airport (KBBG) is a Class D airport during the day, nice facilities, Enterprise on site, reasonable tie-down fee ($10/night last time we were there), hanger available, and has longer hours than the others. Its a little ways outside of town but not too bad. They recently added a restaurant to the FBO and have been trying to attract more GA traffic.

M Graham Clark (KPLK), also known as Point Lookout and College Airport is a non-towered airport with a reasonable overnight fee and Avis rental car on site and its closest to downtown. Avis can arrange after hours pick up and return if you belong to their rewards program.

Branson West Airport (KFWB) is a non-towered airport a little ways from town but closest to Silver Dollar City. The lineman is very laid back but friendly. Enterprise can deliver a car to the airport and can arrange after hours pick up and delivery. We’ve never been charged a tie down fee there.

Our favorite shows in Branson are Dolly Pardon’s Stampede, Showboat Branson Belle, and Sight & Sound Theater but there’s a huge variety of shows and activities to choose from. The Titanic museum, Veterans Memorial Museum, and Auto and Farm museum were all worth a visit to us. Branson is very proud of veterans and most shows include a tribute to veterans and offer a veterans discount.

Tanger outlet mall on the strip and Branson Landing downtown on Taneycomo Lake offer a variety of shopping but you’ll want to steer clear of them during their back to school sale weekend toward the end of August.

The strip can get pretty congested in the evenings so a good map showing the alternate routes is a must.

Back