Why post useless comments?

Crayons taste like purple, and I love ashtrays!

I miss ashtrays. I don't smoke but the ashtray is a good place to store misc. small loose objects like coins, spare valve stem caps etc.

The only thing less useful than off topic posts are contentless threads.

I farted.

If I were a scientist, I would have measured my farts last night. They were so voluminous and very short intervals between each fart. It would have been an impressive number of liters of anal gasses that I produced. I really wish I knew how much came out of my butt.

When you have nothing useful to add in a particular aviation related discussion, why make useless posts that doesn’t add any value whatsoever in that discussion?

Discuss .
Why post useless threads?

Because it’s the internet and what else do we do online?

I could post some more crap about my medical garbage, or lament that there’s way too many black flies in my house and I want to purchase a flamethrower to take care of that...

Hmm. Maybe that would make a good thread. LOL. Best flamethrower for indoor flying insect control....
What are you on? lol

Gunsmoke!

839.png

Because it’s the internet and what else do we do online?

I could post some more crap about my medical garbage, or lament that there’s way too many black flies in my house and I want to purchase a flamethrower to take care of that...

Hmm. Maybe that would make a good thread. LOL. Best flamethrower for indoor flying insect control....

"Thinking about a flamethrower."

Honest comment about that...

There’s only been a handful of posts here in a decade or whatever that were aviation related and NEW content that wasn’t easily found in official documents somewhere.

The vast majority of questions on aviation boards can be answered with your POH, the airworthiness documentation of your aircraft, or an FAA publication.

It’s really about the human interaction, not the information.

And the airplane on a treadmill arguments. Those are critically important. :)
Sure I get that. I like that aspect too, but I do search for technical answers first, so I usually don’t repeat a question word for word. And the answers to a lot of questions change over time.

But sometimes the off-topic or attempts at funny answers derail a thread before many serious answers show up. I find that annoying.

There are members who are sort of the "useless comment fairy", bouncing from thread to thread, sprinkling their useless comments about.

That's what a friend told me.

There are members who are sort of the "useless comment fairy", bouncing from thread to thread, sprinkling their useless comments about.

That's what a friend told me.
I think it's their way if saying, I'm here, I read this post, I have nothing to add but I'm here. They just say that by adding nothing (get off my lawn). I don't see the harm or annoyance with it. If you do, you may need to turn up your ignore filter (in your head).

What about comments about useless posts? 20190810_160525.jpg
Yes, it will be replacing the mailbox, just waiting for the stickers for the new mailbox to arrive. The old one was one of those pound-in anchors, not believing in overkill, the new one has 120lbs of concrete. I wanted to get a plastic mailbox, but I went with a new cheap $40 one sized for packages, I can afford to replace it every couple years as long as the post survives.

Back