Inn n Out bumped from #3

I don't really care whether or not the Chik-Fil-A kids are Christian. I do care that they're nice, they're cheerful, they're clean, they're helpful, and they seem to actually give a **** about preparing your food and getting the right order to you. That's rare, and it's why we very, very seldom do fast food even when we're on the road.

I think the reason that Chick-fil-a stores are well run is that each one of them has a proprietor whose full time job is to make sure that the store is up to Chick-fil-a standards. That, and the menu is reasonably simple.

I really don’t care if the kid who makes and/or delivers my salad is Christian, Buddhist, Jewish or whatever. Really.
Same here as long as they are clean and decent. After all it is food they're handling. :D

However as Christian myself I wish for all people to experience relationship with God. I realize it is a personal choice for each individual.

If I hadn't known about the Christian orientation of Chick fil A before hand, I wouldn't have picked up on it when I was in there.

I just find it funny that the Franchise Times President is named John Hamburger.

Oh, and if I want chicken, I'm driving right past Chick-fil-A to Raising Cane's.

CFA's chicken is better. RC's dipping sauce is good though. Oklahoma has a franchise called "Charlie's Chicken" and their chicken beats both of them for about the same price.

If I hadn't known about the Christian orientation of Chick fil A before hand, I wouldn't have picked up on it when I was in there.
Chik-Fil-A isn't a "Christian" restaurant, as I'm sure you know. You're not going to find religious artifacts laying around, and I haven't noticed any Bible passages on the walls or anything. It's a chicken joint. They're just (in general) really nice, happy, courteous, the place is clean, and overall just seems very well run.

Some people seem to get really hung up on this kind of stuff, for reasons that completely escape me. CFA's owners are, I guess, a little more obvious than some... like not having the restaurants open on Sundays. I don't see a problem with that; it's their business. They can run it however they please. I have no idea what denomination my local grocery store's owners might be, or the Thai joint a couple blocks away, or for that matter most of my neighbors. Even the Middle Eastern restaurant that opened up a coupe years back. I simply don't care, that's their business.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned El Pollo Loco. Not bad grilled chicken. But, they seem to be mainly a California thing. Nearest one to the East Coast I can find is in Louisiana.

Chik-Fil-A isn't a "Christian" restaurant, as I'm sure you know. You're not going to find religious artifacts laying around, and I haven't noticed any Bible passages on the walls or anything. It's a chicken joint. They're just (in general) really nice, happy, courteous, the place is clean, and overall just seems very well run.

Some people seem to get really hung up on this kind of stuff, for reasons that completely escape me. CFA's owners are, I guess, a little more obvious than some... like not having the restaurants open on Sundays. I don't see a problem with that; it's their business. They can run it however they please. I have no idea what denomination my local grocery store's owners might be, or the Thai joint a couple blocks away, or for that matter most of my neighbors. Even the Middle Eastern restaurant that opened up a coupe years back. I simply don't care, that's their business.

Well I think that is where some people here, myself included, were a little confused initially. No I don't get hung up on these things either.

Some people seem to get really hung up on this kind of stuff, for reasons that completely escape me.

Mental illness for some, ignoring their own delusions or foibles for others. We’re all a freaking mental mess, and that’s unlikely to change in the species any time soon.

That sense that we aren’t a total mess, and that we know what we’re doing... is highly evolved to keep us alive when we’ve finally crashed the airplane and didn’t know as much about flying as we thought we did.

Crawl out of the wreck if you can, and try again.

Or finance. Or relationships. Or hunting food. Or fishing. Or driving cars. Or...

Someone else’s religion is rarely the cause of your personal problems. The planet is trying to kill you daily and you’re concerned about a chicken joint you can drive past in air conditioned rolling comfort. Hahaha.

As far as food prep safety goes, Orthodox Jews kick everyone’s ass. LOL. Seriously. You seen that list of rules and the special gear to do it all? That’s dedication to a religion for sure, right there.

Man, I’d leave that religion just to be able to pop something in a dirty microwave and EAT, because I’m HUNGRY!! Hahaha.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned El Pollo Loco. Not bad grilled chicken. But, they seem to be mainly a California thing. Nearest one to the East Coast I can find is in Louisiana.

Super tasty in my opinion. Every time that I go there I can't help but think that they should call it "Los Pollos Hermanos" instead...

9169R9h4ASL._SX342_.jpg

Ugh, I just don’t get the attention Chick Fil A gets. Yeah, the chicken wrap with avocado sauce is OK and service is the best out of any fast food restaurant but they have a dirt simple menu and lines for miles. In my town, they park across the street even. I just don’t get it. I think people go there who feel guilty for missing church on Sunday so they try and make up for it by gathering at Chick Fil A on Saturdays.
At the risk of the ban hammer, I submit that a lot of Chic fil A's current popularity is an unintended consequence (backlash) of a boycott against them. I know people that love that place now that never ate there before the boycott.

At the risk of the ban hammer, I submit that a lot of Chic fil A's current popularity is an unintended consequence (backlash) of a boycott against them. I know people that love that place now that never ate there before the boycott.

I agree. I think a percentage of their customers frequent them because of the beliefs of the owners and not because of their food. While that’s their right, I think it’s silly. While I am an atheist, I would not eat somewhere just because it was atheist owned. That would be equally silly.

That never really occurred to me but I do now remember the controversy. Personally it doesn't affect my bottom line assessment of the establishment. I eat at the places that taste the best and offer the best value. I just wish Muslims could get over the pork thing so I can have some Halal ribs.

I eat there more often due to the boycott. I’m not Christian, and I don’t eat there much, but it irks me that people in this country treat them like they do. If it were Pakistan, it wouldn’t bother me, but to boycott people because they believe in the same god that’s a fundamental building block of our countries founding really bugs me. I will oppose any hypocrite that preaches tolerance as the reason they are being intolerant. If it is one of a few choices, I will choose it over the others.

That never really occurred to me but I do now remember the controversy. Personally it doesn't affect my bottom line assessment of the establishment. I eat at the places that taste the best and offer the best value. I just wish Muslims could get over the pork thing so I can have some Halal ribs.
You mean the burger girls have nothing to do with it?

Well, the list was about size, not quality or popularity. There are more McDonalds out there than anything. They certainly are not the best.

BTW, my son ate at InO when we were in LA this spring. He was thoroughly unimpressed and said “it’s like McDonalds with more lettuce”.

Well, the list was about size, not quality or popularity. There are more McDonalds out there than anything. They certainly are not the best.

BTW, my son ate at InO when we were in LA this spring. He was thoroughly unimpressed and said “it’s like McDonalds with more lettuce”.

Right, I was referring to posters on this thread, not the list itself.

Re: Inn n Out, I would say that the characterization of being a McDonalds with more lettuce is reasonably accurate. And I don't dislike McDonalds. If they offered lettuce wrapped burgers, they would be on my regular rotation. I have been known to toss the buns on a DQP and just eat it with a knife and fork with a side salad. Same thing with Whoppers.

Back