Tom's back in the Hospital

Wish you a speedy and solid recovery.

Once you're feeling unto it.... head over to a local stream with a structure crossing and receive yourself up stream.

Then as you look back, it will all just be water under the bridge.

Make sure to get a logbook sticker before you leave....

Get well !

Hurry up and get better, Tom.

Wife is discussing a trip to Whidbey to visit family, so I might be there first quarter of the year.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Wife is discussing a trip to Whidbey to visit family, so I might be there first quarter of the year.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Give us a ring.

Tom just spent another day in the ER.
This DR thinks it's a bladder infection.

Been thinking of you, Tom. Hang in there...

Thanks for the updates!

One hopes they're checking for drug resistance, lots of antibiotic resistant bugs circulating around. You should stop hanging out in hospitals. They're full of sick people and really bad for you. Give you a case or MRSA or something.

One hopes they're checking for drug resistance, lots of antibiotic resistant bugs circulating around. You should stop hanging out in hospitals. They're full of sick people and really bad for you. Give you a case or MRSA or something.
They took 7 samples of blood yesterday, some to make cultures and some to ?

Well, when I had mine... Starting as a UTI, they put me on some antibiotics... And s week later I was nearly dead. E-coli in the blood... They still didn't put me in hospital. Just gave me more antibiotics. Different kind. Took about 3 weeks total to get back to it...

My sympathies, and my prayers.

Get better want to see you arguing again here...

They took 7 samples of blood yesterday, some to make cultures and some to ?
They're checking white cell counts, hematocrit, blood chemistry and probably some other stuff. My hope is they make cultures out of your urine. If the bugs are in your blood you're septic and not likely to be with us long.

I'm sure steingar is being a bit facetious... At least I hope so.

Sepsis is not a death diagnosis.. I was, and they didn't even put me in hospital.

Not very encouraging the steingar, my dad went septic twice in the last two years from a uti, knocked the pi$$ out of him but he bounced back fine.... Now if only there was a cure for Alzheimer's.
He got really lucky. You don't last long with blood poisoning. It isn't the bugs, it's the bits of their cell walls that get you. And it doesn't take very many. You can last way longer if they're in your UTI, thought he fever will do you in eventually.

Hope they don't have to amputate.:eek:
It really shows what kind of person you are, finding it humorous to say something like that, even when Tom is undergoing some health complications. Very low and disrespectful as far as I’m concerned.

Just your opinion. Do us all a favor and keep it to yourself.
Sorry, but sarcasm and poking fun during a time like this is just disrespectful and rude. If you condone it, that’s really sad. Tom clearly didn’t find it funny either.

Sorry, but sarcasm and poking fun during a time like this is just disrespectful and rude. If you condone it, that’s really sad. Tom clearly didn’t find it funny either.

Tom isn’t posting. His lovey bride is being nice enough to type in just the facts for us via his account and is ignoring our banter.

Tom has a good sense of humor and doesn’t mind.

Saying that if they don’t amputate his man parts that he’ll still be able to think, is a pretty normal joke and I’ll say it. Hahaha.

If Tom succumbs to something in the hospital and doesn’t make it, we’ll all be appropriately solemn and serious, I’m sure.

Tom wouldn’t want us to be boring people whining on other’s accounts in the meantime. He’d rather just get back to his keyboard and tell us to eff off, himself. He hasn’t ever needed any help on that front. Hahaha.

BS,, Tom's Grumpy as hell lately.
Ok - I have to admit, that made me chuckle ... regardless if from Tom or Barb ... still made me chuckle...
but to quote Larry the Cable Guy ... "Lord, I apologize"

Get well soon, Tom!

The tube is out, now on Cipro to fight the infection, back to peeling on my own.

and I'm home.
Appointment tomorrow to see the urologist, way too any symptoms for prostrate cancer to ignore.

I have 7 of the 9

BS,, Tom's Grumpy as hell lately.

Ok - I have to admit, that made me chuckle ... regardless if from Tom or Barb ... still made me chuckle...
but to quote Larry the Cable Guy ... "Lord, I apologize"

Get well soon, Tom!

The tube is out, now on Cipro to fight the infection, back to peeling on my own.

and I'm home.
Appointment tomorrow to see the urologist, way too any symptoms for prostrate cancer to ignore.

I have 7 of the 9

Laughed hard at that reply. Welcome back Tom.

And boo on the stupid damn indications of prostate cancer. Go figure that out and then kick it in the ass. Or the groin as the case may be.

Have a few friends who’ve kicked that one. So go get ‘er done and then get back to working on airplanes or RVing or something fun.

Sick of hearing about new sick people. Myself included. Ha.

Hey you live in a state that might let you have happy weed for your chemo — if you haven’t been reading the CBD thread I’m over there stirring that pot — pun intended? Hahaha.

Mostly out of boredom and not wanting to drive home after picking up the dogs to find that my power co-op has once again done their usual “bang up job”, as in another transformer blew up at a substation and made a loud bang around 6 PM Mountain. Supposed to be fixed at 8.

If not, I have to go screw around with the generator and I’m not in the mood. Hahaha.

and I'm home.

I have 7 of the 9

Hang in there Tom, they always starts with the worst, and I would be grumpy too, lol. Go easy on your wife, she's got your back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back