Sports Rivalries

luvflyin

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Luvflyin
Which are the best. I'll start it off with 'real' football (standing by to be crucified)

Last edited:
I would have submitted Michigan - Ohio State, but Michigan has gone down the ****hole the past 20 years. It's really only a rivalry if the win loss over a time period is around 50% for each team.

I would have submitted Michigan - Ohio State, but Michigan has gone down the ****hole the past 20 years. It's really only a rivalry if the win loss over a time period is around 50% for each team.
The overall record goes to Michigan at 58-51-6 but I just read this "though Michigan built up a large series lead in the early years of the rivalry when Ohio State was still finding its footing as a program, the record after both teams joined the Big Ten in 1918 is quite close with the Buckeyes leading 51-46-4." Since the year 2000 TTUN has only won 3 times, that's amazing.

The overall record goes to Michigan at 58-51-6 but I just read this "though Michigan built up a large series lead in the early years of the rivalry when Ohio State was still finding its footing as a program, the record after both teams joined the Big Ten in 1918 is quite close with the Buckeyes leading 51-46-4." Since the year 2000 TTUN has only won 3 times, that's amazing.

Yeah they suck. I set fire to all my gear about 6 -7 years ago.

Sunderland/Newcastle

It’s sort of how OU-TX has become, but not quite that one-sides. TX racked up a lot of wins early on in the series, but has been fairly flat for a bit lately.

OU-Texas "Red River Showdown" is right up there among the best in college football. Of course I'm a biased, homer OU fan, but it nearly always ranks in the top 5 nationally. I'm sure it has been less exciting for non-Okies and Texans with Texas being a bit down lately, BUT as OU and Texas fans can attest, it doesn't matter which team is better in this game. You never know what's going to happen.

OU-Nebraska used to be a good one. Of course when the Huskers started sucking, they went crying to the Big Ten to continue their mediocrity elsewhere.

Sox-Yankees is good'n.

Giants-Cowboys

Best Rivalry in all of sports:
Average Joes v. Globo Gym

TW-AA088_dodgeball_R_20160229140000.png

Last edited:
I'd say Redskins Cowboys more than Giants and Cowboys.

Giants and Dodgers gets pretty intense too.

Drug enhanced athletes versus clean competitors.

See sub-headings "Swimming", "Cycling", "Olympic track & field", "State Sponsored Illicit Drug Programs"

There is definately more hatred between Cowboys and Skins. Sworn enemies from the very beginning.

Duke/Carolina. Until your rivalry involves kidnapping and killing the other team’s animal mascot, you’re in amateur land. (Just another reason to hate Dookies).

Duke/Carolina. Until your rivalry involves kidnapping and killing the other team’s animal mascot, you’re in amateur land. (Just another reason to hate Dookies).

Can't they just get a replacement? I mean, isn't UGA on the 9th dog named Uga? :D

Go bluedevils!

I would like to add that what happened to that ram was cruel, despicable, and in no way am I condoning that behavior. I hope the person responsible suffers the same fate.

I would like to add that what happened to that ram was cruel, despicable, and in no way am I condoning that behavior. I hope the person responsible suffers the same fate.

Agreed but...

Standby for attack.

As a few on this site got ridiculed for valuing canine life over human life, I can only imagine what is coming your way.

Manchester United/Liverpool
Liverpool/Everton
Manchester United/Manchester City
Chelsea/Tottenham
Yankees/Red Sox
Army/Navy
Real Madrid/Barcelona
Celtic/Rangers

The list goes on...

Agreed but...

Standby for attack.

As a few on this site got ridiculed for valuing canine life over human life, I can only imagine what is coming your way.

I wouldn't say I value animal life over human life. I'm a meat eater, I hunted years ago when I had time. A hunter making a clean kill and using as much of the animal as possible to feed their family, that's all good with me. I would save a human life before an animal life, but I would try to save both.

They sliced that ram from chest to abdomen. Its death was not quick or merciful. They did it for fun or whatever reason they had, it was not for food. The person that did that deserves no better.

If that is an unpopular opinion, I'll standby for attack, but they won't change my mind.

Used to be Redskins Cowboys back when Washington had a competitive team. Ever since Synder bought the team they've been circling the drain - gotta have a decent team to have a rivalry. They've been removing seats from the stadium so they can claim "sellouts"... and even at that, they aren't selling out.

Redsox/Yankees are probably tops, though Pirates/Reds are right up there (see: "last week's brawl that got 8 suspended").

At least they didn't rape it first...Dookies, you never know. Aka, The University of New Jersey at Durham.

Yes, everyone did get called out of the pool over that one.

Back