It's just wrong

AKBill

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AKBill
Like I said it's just wrong to have this much good weather in SE AK. No rain, poor fish returns, warm weather.

What's next..? Earthquakes, tilde waves and volcanoes...:rolleyes:

Flying without pre-heat?

Horrors...

Like I said it's just wrong to have this much good weather in SE AK. No rain, poor fish returns, warm weather.

What's next..? Earthquakes, tilde waves and volcanoes...:rolleyes:

Californians bypassing Oregon, Washington and Idaho and going straight to Alaska.

IMG_1918[1].JPG
Stopped by this Canadian trainer on my way out the gate today. Pilots were nice enough to pose for a picture for me. Nice guys, they said "they were happy to spend the weekend in such a beautiful place such as Juneau, great weather eh"..:)

I just bought 2 tons of wood pellets. That will totally guarantee a warm winter in New Mexico.

Growing up it seemed like every year I bought new skis, Sandia Peak received 10" of snow all winter. Santa Fe and Purgatory weren't much better.

Yet it’s the state capital. I guess the political powers that be want to limit access while they plot their deeds.

Didn’t say you couldn’t get there, you just have to want to get there. Walking, horses, boats and planes still work.

tilde waves

Is that some kind of Spanish oceanographic anomaly?

til·de
/ˈtildə/
noun
noun: tilde; plural noun: tildes
  1. an accent (~) placed over Spanish n when pronounced ny (as in señor ) or Portuguese a or o when nasalized (as in São Paulo ), or over a vowel in phonetic transcription, indicating nasalization.

…...and it just happens to resemble a wave.

til·de
/ˈtildə/
noun
  1. an accent (~) placed over Spanish n when pronounced ny (as in señor ) or Portuguese a or o when nasalized (as in São Paulo ), or over a vowel in phonetic transcription, indicating nasalization.

Sure..my bad...:lol::lol:

til·de
/ˈtildə/
noun

No, no, no. Its the home directory in a Linux shell. :p

What is a "poor fish return"?

The drought situation in SE Alaska has the streams and rivers flowing far less water than usual. Consequently, there are far less salmon returning to spawn. If they can't find the stream/river/creek where they hatched, they die without spawning future generations. There are several streams near me that always have returning fish. Not this year.

As an aside, most communities here rely on hydro-electric for electricity. Many, including Juneau, have had to fire up diesel generators to keep the lights on. We've had plenty of cloudy weather, but little rain to keep the water flowing.

Back