Soooooo...Tesla has a Dog mode. Just wow.

I actually don't think this is a bad idea as someone with a dog and who lives in a warmer climate. There are times when you have to leave Fido in the car and run to the store for a minute, and between the concern of him overheating, or an overzealous pedestrian smashing your window and calling the police and accusing you of animal cruelty this is actually a fantastic feature

I actually don't think this is a bad idea as someone with a dog and who lives in a warmer climate. There are times when you have to leave Fido in the car and run to the store for a minute, and between the concern of him overheating, or an overzealous pedestrian smashing your window and calling the police and accusing you of animal cruelty this is actually a fantastic feature
Someone will try it with their kids some day though.

I wish more cars had this feature. I'm always mildly annoyed to see someone's doggo in a store like target where food is sold, like it was a basic normal thing.

I was kinda indifferent about the coming Tesla Truck...now not even seeing one I want it for the Dog Mode alone as my pup travels EVERYWHERE with me.

Emotional support animal..? :rolleyes::D

My dog(s) go everywhere with me also. I buy the "pop-apart" keychains so that I can pop my door-lock-remote off and leave the car/truck running when it's hot. Works well, wastes a bit of gas.

On the "waste gas leaving a vehicle running" topic...

Last winter I started up my farm truck one evening because it had been cold and I hadn't driven it for over a week. I planned to leave it running for 30 minutes or so. I woke up the next morning and my very first thought was "oh sh**, I forgot to shut the truck off." It was a good 10 hours later. Still had 7/8 of a tank. I was amazed, thought it would use far more gas than that. It has the little 4.8L V8 in it.

I was kinda indifferent about the coming Tesla Truck...now not even seeing one I want it for the Dog Mode alone as my pup travels EVERYWHERE with me.
Tesla pickup truck? Why wait? Build yourself a Truckla!

The first link is the build. About 30 minutes. Second link is fake truckla "commercial". Pretty funny.

I was quite surprised at how well it turned out.

Tesla pickup truck? Why wait? Build yourself a

The first link is the build. About 30 minutes. Second link is fake truckla "commercial". Pretty funny.

I was quite surprised at how well it turned out.
This video had it's own thread here when it debuted.

My volt can run the climate control when the car is otherwise off as well. I've used it to keep my parrot cool while we stop for lunch. I've learned long ago that most places that say they are "pet friendly" mean "dog friendly." My parrot is far less intrusive but she isn't welcome many places.

Last Sunday as we walked out of the Cracker Barrel, my mom saw 3 dogs in a car. She got upset and said that is illegal and wanted to go back inside to find out who owned the car.

Never mind it was running and I could see the dogs hair being blown by the A/C.... :lol::lol:

I've learned long ago that most places that say they are "pet friendly" mean "dog friendly."

Funny isn't it.??

I remember a news story about a lady that wanted to sue a Walmart store because they would not let her bring her ''emotional support'' horse in with her while shopping.

As I recall the judge read the complaint and immediately dismissed it.

Sounds like a good idea to me, probably would work just fine for kids too.

Someone will try it with their kids some day though.

As someone who has no kids, I think you’d be surprised how many people leave their kids in the car with the engine running. Not saying we do it but it is common.

“Dog Mode” is great until it blows a fuse. Then you’re in “Dead Dog Mode”.

My volt can run the climate control when the car is otherwise off as well.

Hmmm... How? First gen (2011-2015) or second gen (2016-2019)? I can remote "start" mine, but it'll shut itself off after 10 minutes and I can only "start" it once more without actually getting in and turning it on.

As someone who has no kids, I think you’d be surprised how many people leave their kids in the car with the engine running. Not saying we do it but it is common.

I got left in the car all the time when I was a kid, but not with the engine running- that wastes gas. Just rolled the windows down.

I got left in the car all the time when I was a kid, but not with the engine running- that wastes gas. Just rolled the windows down.

You must’ve been one of them rich folks. We didn’t have no car.

Hmmm... How? First gen (2011-2015) or second gen (2016-2019)? I can remote "start" mine, but it'll shut itself off after 10 minutes and I can only "start" it once more without actually getting in and turning it on.
Don't use remote start.

Ok, today I saw a car sitting at a charger all plugged in. There were people standing outside looking at the car.

My question is..... do you have to shut the electric engine off when filling it with electricity.??

no, this is not a serious question...

Reactions: Ted

And then when the parents came back and we left we'd lie down up in the back window. :D

I had a 2001 Mercedes that had a heater mode that kept the cabin warm when you shut off the engine. I think it ran a pump in the cooling system to circulate hot radiator coolant through the heater core...

Emotional support animal..? :rolleyes::D

Yes, actually...I seem to have to continually emotionally support my animal!

He is a needy little bugger.

Tesla has cabin overheat protection, you can also have your cabin stay a certain temp anytime you leave your car.

Dog mode just puts a message on the screen so some idiot doesn’t break your window.

I’m not in my car right now and I don’t have dog mode enabled. But with it being 99* outside and not wanting to get into a car that is 120* inside I told the car to stay 77*. That way when we get done with dinner the car is already cool.

455e536e40545f30a4776aadb58d1227.jpg

Back