OSH RV Rental

Have seen folks do it with no complaints. Don’t know what company they used, though. RV was a little beat up, but the company sent someone over to repair something... I don’t remember what it was.

Try to look at Rvshare.com
It’s like the airbnb of rv’s. Decent deals could plan on driving part way in your car and pick one up on the way.

Outdoorsy.com is another share site.

Based on my experience, I *highly* recommend trying to meet up with the owner prior to committing to renting the unit. The pop-up I rented from Outdoorsy looked great in the photos. In reality, it was pretty beat up and completely filthy. I spent two hours after I picked it up just to get it to the point I felt comfortable putting my stuff in it... this included about 15 minutes of thoroughly sanitizing the little bathroom area when I discovered a significant amount of dried up, caked up urine. I did not budget two hours that night to clean up someone else's mess, so that completely threw off my departure schedule the next day.

Then, during the monsoon with gale force winds on Friday night, I discovered that the seams on the tent portion of the pop-up were not well-sealed any more, and that the actual canvas waterproofing was also failing.

Needless to say, I was thoroughly not amused. Wish I had inspected the unit before I committed to it, because I would have happily paid $10 more per day for a better unit.

Renter beware.

Outdoorsy.com is another share site.

Based on my experience, I *highly* recommend trying to meet up with the owner prior to committing to renting the unit. The pop-up I rented from Outdoorsy looked great in the photos. In reality, it was pretty beat up and completely filthy. I spent two hours after I picked it up just to get it to the point I felt comfortable putting my stuff in it... this included about 15 minutes of thoroughly sanitizing the little bathroom area when I discovered a significant amount of dried up, caked up urine. I did not budget two hours that night to clean up someone else's mess, so that completely threw off my departure schedule the next day.

Then, during the monsoon with gale force winds on Friday night, I discovered that the seams on the tent portion of the pop-up were not well-sealed any more, and that the actual canvas waterproofing was also failing.

Needless to say, I was thoroughly not amused. Wish I had inspected the unit before I committed to it, because I would have happily paid $10 more per day for a better unit.

Renter beware.

Yeah, that's the kind of nonsense I want to avoid. The company at the link I posted above appears to take that variable out of the equation. They seem to operation on the vacation condo rental model. They provide the cleaning services, linens, etc. and you just show up.

There's always Cruise America and I saw plenty of those in Scholler. But I kind of like the idea of just showing up and having it ready to go.

I rented from eventrv.com this year. Worked out really well, and very nice folks running it. The trailer we rented was very clean, rather new, and incredibly well outfitted with supplies/tools/etc. The hardest part was getting our gear back and forth from the plane parked up by Basler, over to the trailer located at Camp Scholler.

Other small downsides:
1) you must have an electric/water hookup spot, they wont set it up in open camping.
2) You must get a pump-out scheduled for after you leave. I sorta assumed they would do that, but caught my mistake last minute.
3) The tanks on most RVs and trailers are small, so you really can't rely on taking showers in the trailer, or you will be spending $50 per day on pump outs.
4) Not cheap, but hey A/C is a godsend!

I rented from eventrv.com this year. Worked out really well, and very nice folks running it. The trailer we rented was very clean, rather new, and incredibly well outfitted with supplies/tools/etc. The hardest part was getting our gear back and forth from the plane parked up by Basler, over to the trailer located at Camp Scholler.

Did you communicate with them by phone or email? I emailed them but they haven't responded.

I called first. Further comms via both email and phone. It may be that they have gone on holiday after OSH! It's a small company.

Sonofa....

Thanks for your interest in Event RV Rentals. After 20 years in the RV rental business, Dan and Cindy have decided to retire from the rentals.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wow, that really sucks. I wasn't planning on attending this year, but still a bummer for those that want an RV on site.

@George Mohr and/or @tsts4 so I would have to get the campsite and then rent the RV from them. They find your spot and set up? But you aren’t renting RV + spot from them.

You rent a spot from the applicable campground and the RV from the RV dealer so 2 separate reservations. There’s no “one-stop” shopping so to speak that I’m aware of. Typically the RV place delivers the trailer to the designated site and sets it up for you. All you do is show up (with linens and possibly kitchenware). Of course I suppose that means that there’s potential for being able to get one but not the other so it pays to reserve early.

Last edited:
So I just submitted my RV reservation to Kunes Country RV based upon research from the "leader" of our group to find an Event RV replacement. https://www.kunescountryrv.com/
I gave Kunes a call but the person I talked to was a little light on info. The price they quoted seemed a little high as well.

I may rent a Suburban, throw an air mattress in the back and call it a day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We've rented from Van Boxtel in Green Bay for a couple of years now. https://www.vanboxtelrv.com/rv-rentals-motor-home.html We've been pleased with them. Not cheap, but a newish RV set up where you want it. (We have an "advance man" who's staked out the site). They were booked up already this year, but had one available Monday that they can deliver to our normal location. They're also on site for the event in case you have issues.

I've committed to tent camping. Possibly one of my least favorite activities but the shower trailers seem decent and there's real toilet facilities. So I can work with it.

Though it costs a little more, I prefer to rent an RV close to home and drive it up myself. When someone else sets it up, you have to load the car, pack the bags, park the car, unload it, move your suitcases, etc. When you drive yourself, you park it in your driveway and load it once. It's a bigger difference than it sounds like.

Back