Aviation Youtube Personality Income

J. Taylor Stanley

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Taylor Stanley
I have done a little video editing in the past and it is a time consuming endeavor. I can't imagine these guys are doing this all for a few 100 bucks a month. How much money do you think guys like mraviation101, stevo or baron pilot are actually making off of their channels?

Impossible to know. They have sponsors that pay them, sell merchandise, etc...

Not sure how accurate this is...but not counting merch and what not.SmartSelectImage_2019-07-29-22-26-26.png

I think this is just the monetization of Ads.
Sponsors is where the good stuff is
Agreed, sponsors, pateron, merch, and whatever else they do. The more popular they become the more coin on all aspects.

Dude perfect has 44mil subscribers between all they do they clearly make bank. It can be lucrative but our aviation peeps are just a drop in the bucket compared to the more main stream people. I mean look at dude perfect YouTube income. It's a big range but count the other streams of cash. They are doing very well!SmartSelectImage_2019-07-30-08-34-49.png

Probably not that much. They don’t have nearly enough followers to make a career out of it. I’m sure whatever they make just goes into the production of videos and they don’t even count it towards their income.

I know for a fact that some of these guys are making significant income from their aviation YouTube channels. But they also go at it very seriously and put in "full time" effort.

I have done a little video editing in the past and it is a time consuming endeavor. I can't imagine these guys are doing this all for a few 100 bucks a month. How much money do you think guys like mraviation101, stevo or baron pilot are actually making off of their channels?
There are some YouTubers here on POA you might want to ask them or PM them two that I can think of are Kevin who is 310 Pilot and Bryan Turner I think I'm not exposing any confidential information when I say that I have it on good information that Bryan Turner's channel earned him enough to get a large size drink at Arbys along with his roast beef sandwich. As you said the editing can be pretty time consuming which I'm sure keeps these guys up late if they have day jobs.

WTF is dude perfect?

Inane stuff, really. If you try to do a "trick shot" long enough you will get the result you want. Apparently, billions of people are amused by it.

... Bryan Turner I think I'm not exposing any confidential information when I say that I have it on good information that Bryan Turner's channel earned him enough to get a large size drink at Arbys along with his roast beef sandwich.

... you can't hide money...

My channel pays for my hangar every other month right now.

I believe YT is flight chops full time job.

I believe YT is flight chops full time job.[/QUOTES

So things are improving! Last you told me it only paid for 6 months of hangar rent! ;)

Inane stuff, really. If you try to do a "trick shot" long enough you will get the result you want. Apparently, billions of people are amused by it.

I watched about a minute of that and decided it wasn’t even worth that much of my time. I guess it’s just another example of “different strokes...”.

Question is who is reporting this to IRS

I was wondering that also. Technically if Youtube is producing income for you and you set it up as a business, could you deduct the cost of operating your own aircraft and your trips?!

I think he says so in at least one video. OTOH, Trent Palmer and his wife have kept their day jobs. The Pateys use YouTube to promote their tug business, which probably makes for a complicated tax situation. How much do they make from YouTube? I don't know, but nobody would buy one of their preposterously expensive though amazing tugs for a 2000# airplane without the online visibility.

I can't even get my whole family to subscribe, so it's all very mysterious to me.

As you said the editing can be pretty time consuming which I'm sure keeps these guys up late if they have day jobs.

I don't think 6PC's day job inconveniences his social life much.

Back