It's over

My heart is with you brother. I hope you are able to recover well and you are able to do as you wish- whatever that is...

I have asked questions repeatedly as a guy trying to shorten the learning curve of being a good owner, and you have always responded with thought, care and passion about how to properly care for a plane. I greatly appreciate all you have done for me...

I sure hope you don’t become a stranger but if fishing keeps you too active to post...well best of luck on the fishing gig...

Exactly my thoughts.

I have appreciated Tom's insight on many issues. His knowledge on aircraft and systems is impressive.

I, too, hope you recover well and continue to help those of us who appreciate you here, Tom.

Darn Tom, i missed this, you are not finished, just side tracked. I know you are not the type to give up, so keep fighting and the Drs will figure out how to get things back to normal for you. You are also in my prayers.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Dear Tom,

We have never met, which does not prevent me from thinking highly of you. I sincerely wish you a full recovery. I am happy that so many friends from POA wrote to you to support you.

Best Regards,

Pascal

Dear Tom,

We have never met, which does not prevent me from thinking highly of you. I sincerely wish you a full recovery. I am happy that so many friends from POA wrote to you to support you.

Best Regards,

Pascal
I haven’t met Tom either, but after having been on this board for nearly a decade, I feel like I know him well enough to say that he’s a huge asset who has a wealth of knowledge that we all can benefit from.

Keep us posted, Tom. This is just a minor set back, you’ll get back on your feet soon.

Wish I would have known about this say ... 35 years ago ... :)

You and me both! The actually had strikers (guys that OJT'd their way into a specialty) with 3 years as a plane captain (ramp rat) getting waivered for the A&P. That all ended when the DOL, FAA, and the military all decided exactly who could get a waiver. That left me, with 16 years of helicopter maintenance (including "all systems quality assurance and safe for flight authority), ineligible for the waiver. One guy told me that the rule was being enforced so strictly that even my meticulously documented training record, with well in excess of the required on-the-job experience under 65.77, and a letter of recommendation by an A&P IA was not enough. That leaves me with only one way to get the A&P, go back to $$$school. 'Ole Uncle Scooter can pound sand! That ain't happening!!!

Dear Tom,

Best Regards,

Pascal
I'm deeply moved by the response from here.
Full set of workups start in the AM, to see If I have some thing like PSP, or???

Good news so far, Tom. I'm pulling for you and hoping for a quick diagnosis and an easy fix.

I'm deeply moved by the response from here.
Full set of workups start in the AM, to see If I have some thing like PSP, or???

Well Tom our shared passion on here makes us a bit of a fraternal organization (though not gender based)... we all are part of a club that very few people are a part of... Aviators are a unique and odd bunch- not often understood by those mere earthbound men and women. So we come here and the terminal or the local pilots breakfast table at the diner. Why do we gather like that? Because we are a band of brothers, so we may fight like cat and dog over oil additives and wheel extensions but that brotherhood of flight binds us together, and when one of our own has something happen, good or bad, we all share in it...

I haven’t met Tom either, but after having been on this board for nearly a decade, I feel like I know him well enough to say that he’s a huge asset who has a wealth of knowledge that we all can benefit from.

Keep us posted, Tom. This is just a minor set back, you’ll get back on your feet soon.

I have met Tom, and he is as great in person as he is here, if not better. I'm rooting for him (and his doctors, even if they are at the mistake on the lake medical center). Go for a full recovery from whatever caused this!

Tom don’t give it up yet. First, get healthy, next, even if your mobility is reduced the aviation world is sorely lacking in mentors in old world skills. Try to find someone that can teach fabric work now days or work on a round engine. Keep sharing those skills

I was hoping for an update today from Tom .
Spent most of the day at the DR. office. They have decided this was not a stroke, or nerve blockage.
They don't now what caused this, blood tests underway. again waiting for results.
I'm 99% normal early in the morning but as the day wears on the foot gets heavier and heavier, until by supper, I can barely walk, by bed time I can't.
Setting in my office chair makes it worse, as does riding in the jeep.

Have the Dr.s done a compression test? (or is that a leak down test) and a borescope?

Get well soon Tom. You have a lot of people here counting on you sharing your knowledge and insights for a long time to come.

I’d add some Marvel Mystery Oil to the cornflakes and watch the magic happen.

But seriously...really bad things don’t wake up feeling better and worsen throughout day.- IE GB,ALS,Stroke,MS, nerve sheath tumors, brain CA. So that’s all good news.

Not really, it is about the same as day 2, Dr. doesn't have a clue, even after all the tests.
Early in the day I'm 99% good to go, as the day drags on my foot gets heavier and heavier, until after dinner and evening I'm unable to walk.

Not really, it is about the same as day 2, Dr. doesn't have a clue, even after all the tests.
Early in the day I'm 99% good to go, as the day drags on my foot gets heavier and heavier, until after dinner and evening I'm unable to walk.
Myastenia gravis?

Dr's. Like mechanics. Sometimes hard to find a good one... So, if you don't get the answers you need (or want), find another M&D.. kinda like A&P... Only more schooled and less experienced than you are, Tom.

You'll get through this, you've got a whole bunch of us pullin' for you.

Even those of us who only just got to know you through your posts... And only recently, at that...

Myastenia gravis?
It is hard to tell what it ain't, if you don't know what it is.

Myastenia gravis, has a bunch of symptoms I don't have.

but a good read.

"Early in the day I'm 99% good to go, as the day drags on my foot gets heavier and heavier, until after dinner and evening I'm unable to walk."

The clinical hallmark of MG is the presence of fluctuating fatigable muscle weakness that worsens with activity and improves on rest. Isolated limb muscle weakness is the presenting symptom in about 5% of patients.
As per Dr Abas Jowker.

Sorry to hear this, Tom. Thoughts and prayers go out to you for a full recovery. Even if you're not
crawling around airplanes you still have a wealth of knowledge to share.

"
The clinical hallmark of MG is the presence of fluctuating fatigable muscle weakness that worsens with activity and improves on rest. Isolated limb muscle weakness is the presenting symptom in about 5% of patients.
As per Dr Abas Jowker.
worked all day, evening now, and I'm still 100%.

Tom, I really don’t want to write this. I do know a disease that matches your symptoms. My sister died of it, and her initial symptoms match what you’ve described here.

My big sister passed away from ALS, Lou Gehrig’s disease. I hope with all my heart this isn’t it. I’ve been debating whether to write this, but I’m the end I feel my silence benefits no one. We’re I in your shoes I’d want to know.

I have never hoped so hard to be proven wrong.

Tom,

Continued thoughts and prayers for your recovery. I think the guessing game is tougher then giving it to me straight, it stinks when they just can't find an answer.

Tom, no updates in awhile, how are you doing?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back