IACRA Issues

Sazzy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Sazzy
So, my app is all filled out, information all correct, pop-ups blocked...but the Submit button is still not working! It shows up green, but the letters inside are still gray, implying that I am missing something somewhere. I've gone over my application over and over again, even got in touch with the help desk who told me that it still showed that I have pop-ups blocked (which I did not at the time of the phone call, I had already fixed that issue)...I'm at a loss.

My CFI said something about a Pilots Bill of Rights that I don't see anywhere within the application section. Unfortunately, my instructor is up at Oshkosh this week and is unable to sit down with me until he gets back. Has anyone else had this problem?

I used Chrome initially. The guy from the FAA Help Desk (*who called me at 8:30 on Sunday morning) told me that using Chrome might be the problem. I've just tried Edge, still having the same issue. I hate admitting defeat, but...I'll just have to wait til my CFI gets back to sit down and go through it with me...

*I mean, we all appreciate promptness and efficiency here in the aviation world, but...really?!

It’s really fussy. If chrome isn’t working try Firefox haha. It’s stupid.

I'm literally just about to go to my neighborhood FSDO with my laptop and be like "HEY! WATTUP WIT DAT?!" it's so frustrating.

You should see a 70 year old FAA inspector try to run it at the counter at the FSDO. Hahaha.

Not kidding. Been there done that. LOL.

I should add... on an early 2000s vintage FAA PC with their horrid two factor auth card system in the way of logging into it. :)

Your CFI will know the tricks.

Yep, I'll wait for him, yet I am still bitter about not being able to get to Oshkosh...CURSE YOU, WORK SCHEDULE! CUUUURSE YOOOOOU!!!!

To verify, you have all the fields filled in? Maybe retype each one?

The behavior suggests a validation that missed something. It thinks something is not filled in.

To verify, you have all the fields filled in? Maybe retype each one?

The behavior suggests a validation that missed something. It thinks something is not filled in.

This. And to elaborate, it could be on a screen well back in the process from where you are.

But the little completion signals on the tabs ARE accurate, for the most part.

I used Chrome initially. The guy from the FAA Help Desk (*who called me at 8:30 on Sunday morning) told me that using Chrome might be the problem. I've just tried Edge, still having the same issue. I hate admitting defeat, but...I'll just have to wait til my CFI gets back to sit down and go through it with me...

*I mean, we all appreciate promptness and efficiency here in the aviation world, but...really?!

You actually tried using Edge?

Gutsiest move I ever saw.

Try IE. And yes the PBR is built into IACRA but I believe you sign off on that with the DPE there if I recall correctly.

From what you describe, it's behaving like there is still a pop-up window getting killed, or at least pushed to the back. You need to have the pop-up blocker turned off so you can see the pop-ups. Sometimes an alt-tab will navigate you to the secret pop up window.

You actually tried using Edge?

Gutsiest move I ever saw.

Try IE. And yes the PBR is built into IACRA but I believe you sign off on that with the DPE there if I recall correctly.
Actually, I've had zero problems with Edge.

From what you describe, it's behaving like there is still a pop-up window getting killed, or at least pushed to the back. You need to have the pop-up blocker turned off so you can see the pop-ups. Sometimes an alt-tab will navigate you to the secret pop up window.

Yep. Just reread the OP and he stated “pop-ups blocked”. Exact opposite of what one needs.

I remember on one page I had to click on about a dozen things to figure out what I forgot
I used safari btw

I had a fun IACRA story as well.

I filled it out only to find that some guy with my first and last name and same birthday had been a pilot since he was a teenager. I had to argue e vehemently that I had not, in fact, already completed my training several decades ago.

o_O

I had a fun IACRA story as well.

I filled it out only to find that some guy with my first and last name and same birthday had been a pilot since he was a teenager. I had to argue e vehemently that I had not, in fact, already completed my training several decades ago.

o_O

Did he have a tool show? ;-)

Sorry if you get that too often. Haha.

Back