Heat Dome 2019 is here...

flhrci

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
David
What are your plans?

I plan to stay inside most of the weekend and work on college work. I will be goign to my Mom's house for the weekly visit though.

David

Was going to do a long cross country over the week end,think I’ll wait till Sunday or Monday.

watch Le Tour, wire wheel a 7' section of pipe and paint it.

Heat? Ok, yea, I guess it's supposed to hit 70F here.

Need to get the bathroom prepared for the new tub. Which I think will involve finishing the electrical, which does require sticking my head in the attic, which will be a bit warm.

Not sure what you guys are talking about, looking very nice in my neck of the woods. Probably go fly somewhere #CirrusLife

upload_2019-7-18_17-16-56.png

I got pumped up to go flying twice this week. Twice this week I changed my mind. I LOVE flying, but my mojo really takes a nosedive when the heat index is 110+ °F. We had a super mild spring and early summer with lots of rain. Unfortunately, now that the typical summer heat has arrived in force, it's extra muggy. Yuck.

Today I worked at 1 job getting fender sides for a truck ready, putting in both sides, then cut meat in refrigeration all day, tomorrow, weld both fenders in and get ready for paint, then Sat have morning off, and cut meat all evening, then Sunday work at my third job, and got to go 80 miles to work that day, probably 12 hours, then Monday start cutting rocker panels out of a minivan, hope get ready by Sat, plus cut meat all week, lol, vicious cycle.... Had 3 days off this year

@Matthew So, while the triangle debate is going on, I thought I would ask if you will be needing a grill this weekend or will you be cooking on the local sidewalks? LOL I hear it will be even hotter where you are.

@Matthew So, while the triangle debate is going on, I thought I would ask if you will be needing a grill this weekend or will you be cooking on the local sidewalks? LOL I hear it will be even hotter where you are.
Spontaneous combustion means that every backyard is a smoker.

Just another 2 days or so and we're looking at some great wx. The heat, expected around 95, isn't really too bad, but when the humidity gets added in I think we are looking at around a 105 heat index. I do have yard and deck work I need to get done, though.

Flying to Osh. Going to try and stay out of the worst of the Easterlies while being high enough to stay cool and keep out of the bumps. One of those two isn’t happening...

There is a lake festival going on this weekend. I'll have a friend and his family camping in the back yard, fishing from the dock. Mother-in-law staying in the house with us. My dad and his wife are camping nearby. It's supposed to be 100ish and, as always, humid AF. Too hot to be festive in my opinion.

The sailing club has called off their regatta, the main thing I was looking forward to. Not many options left unless wading through crowds of thousands of sweaty people tickles your fancy.

I do hope to get my son and I on our first helicopter ride. It will be his first time in something that flies, my first in heli.

Studying for FAA exams in the basement (Denver forecast 101 - this is why I left Phoenix!!!)
Grading student projects (why I’m not going to OSH - teaching summer scool to pay for the G5)

Flying to Osh. Going to try and stay out of the worst of the Easterlies while being high enough to stay cool and keep out of the bumps. One of those two isn’t happening...

If you cross Lake Michigan at 50 AGL (AWL), the water might cool the air down a bit. :D

it's extra muggy.

In this heat, it makes me wonder where they got the term 'muggy'

images

Back