Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

There have been a bunch of these for some reason :dunno:
65904670_10161791736045167_6662553144448253952_n.jpg
Don’t know why he’s in such a rush. They’ve got hours before they clear immigration and customs at Logan...

This thread (Revolutionary War Aviation) is being moved to the joke thread.

Well, I think it was either put it here or the independent thread was going to degrade into a politics fest. Probably won’t shut this one down.

And who said that was funny? It’s already a tired “joke” from a politician speaking off the cuff. So right there, it loses humor for me. He made a mistake, mocking him isn’t a funny thing, it’s a spiteful thing.

Some things aren’t funny, regardless of politics.

I feel your pain. Whether something is funny or not depends on what the definition of is is and it might not be funny to the residents of all 57 states especially those that can see Russia from their house. So you have to use the proper strategery and not misunderestimate your audience.

I thought this was where we went to laugh, smile, and chuckle good-naturedly with each other, but in the interest of putting this pointless "Who's smarter" discussion to bed, I checked around. Both of them seem to be guarding their IQs pretty carefully; couldn't find them anywhere. The few measured articles I could find with actual estimates as free from political posturing as possible by intelligence "experts" put Cortez somewhere between 108 and 125, and Trump between 130-140. Both estimates seem charitable to me, but the spread is about right, and in the right direction. A very good friend of mine's wife sounds incredibly intelligent... she speaks easily, fluidly, glibly, without hesitation, and very confidently. Unfortunately, she is consistently wrong about even the most basic of facts, logic completely avoids her, and she lives on a diet of pop "culture" and Jerry Springer. She had me fooled for a short period of time, but the depths of her ignorance are truly stunning... yet she appears very intelligent. Conversely, there are plenty of HIGHLY intelligent people who can barely function in social situations. If I had to "Bet it all, Alex," it'd definitely be on Trump over Cortez. Still... who cares.

A frail octogenarian was slowly hobbling down a city street in the dead of winter, huddled up, his coat drawn up to his chin, his hat down over his brow, fending off the wind and driving snow. He happened to be in an area of town known for the.. ahem... friendliness of the female denizens. One young lady prowled up to him and purred, "Hey, Pops... how about some super sex?" He said, gratefully, "OH, honey, that sounds terrific.. I'll take the soup!"

And yet, still higher than the current president's IQ.

I guess if that's a joke, I can make this one...

I'd be surprised if her IQ was higher than our current president's age.

Nah... that's not funny either. Can we please be funny? Please?

The Cortez cartoon had at least a modicum of wit to it, although yes, of course, it was a political hit job. Sort of like... What did the drummer get on his IQ test? .... Drool. Not very nice to drummers, but most of the good natured ones will still laugh at it, 'cause it's got a modicum of wit. On the other hand, "Drummers are stupid, but they're still smarter than singers" isn't funny.

I guess if that's a joke, I can make this one...

I'd be surprised if her IQ was higher than our current president's age.

Nah... that's not funny either. Can we please be funny? Please?
The one that started this sub thread wasn't particularly funny, either. At least hers isn't multiplied by the square root of -1.
Unfortunately, she is consistently wrong about even the most basic of facts, logic completely avoids herhim, and she lives on a diet of pop "culture" and Jerry SpringerFox News.

Here's something more funny than the politics:
In The News: "A successful penis transplant has been reported by a surgical team in South Africa."

Penis transplants are nothing new. Here in the U.S. we've been changing one penis with another for centuries but we've always called those events "elections."

Dude, I was talking about my friend's wife, not Cortez. Life's too short for this much rancor.

What is the worst thing that can happen to a musician?

Have their organ break down halfway through a piece.

Nice... For some reason it reminded me of something I saw along the road a few months ago.

I could see something shiny at the side of the road about a half mile away, and as I approached I tried to figure out what it was.

When I passed it and saw what it was, I laughed heartily and was thankful that there are people who will go to the trouble to do things that make other people laugh...

It was a "Get Well Soon" balloon... Attached to a deer carcass. :rofl:

Back