Star Trek: Picard, new trailer

At 1:07.... that rock in the upper left looks somewhat familiar

screen-shot-2013-08-04-at-10-44-37-am.png

And adding Seven of Nine was an interesting touch.... I hope the show lives up to the legacy and hype.

Wow - I'm a big ol' Star Trek nerd, and there's no way I would have caught that. How the heck?

Wow - I'm a big ol' Star Trek nerd, and there's no way I would have caught that. How the heck?
You could just about count on one hand the number of Sci-Fi movies and TV shows that have not used Vasquez Rocks as a location at one time or another.

Partial list of productions using Vasquez Rocks:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_productions_using_the_Vasquez_Rocks_as_a_filming_location

Studios love Vasquez Rocks. They look other-worldly; and they are within the thirty-mile "studio zone". That means that under union rules the studios don't have to pay travel, lodging and other expenses when they shoot there.

Last edited:
Piccard was a wus. . .the whole gaggle were. I remember them hand-wringing and whining about the Borg, after transporting aboard the Borg ship, and being desperate to figure out a "plan"

Dudes, you just transported aboard and they're ignoring you. . .have a few photon torpedoes transported over and detonate 'em (timer, of course).

I watched that candy-ass mob a few times, then blew 'em off. They were so PC and lightweight. . .

Think CBS will be carried by anyone by early 2020? They’re awfully proud of their single network subscription thing for streamers and currently not negotiating with AT&T/DirectTV during that blackout.

Pretty funny that DirectTV simply uploaded the Locast app to their Genie boxes and told people to try that. Great workaround.

You could just about count on one hand the number of Sci-Fi movies and TV shows that have not used Vasquez Rocks as a location at one time or another.

Partial list of productions using Vasquez Rocks:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_productions_using_the_Vasquez_Rocks_as_a_filming_location

Studios love Vasquez Rocks. They look other-worldly; and they are within the thirty-mile "studio zone". That means that under union rules the studios don't have to pay travel, lodging and other expenses when they shoot there.

Yep. Been there in person and have seen it on various tv shows and movies.

Piccard was a wus. . .the whole gaggle were. I remember them hand-wringing and whining about the Borg, after transporting aboard the Borg ship, and being desperate to figure out a "plan"

Dudes, you just transported aboard and they're ignoring you. . .have a few photon torpedoes transported over and detonate 'em (timer, of course).

I watched that candy-ass mob a few times, then blew 'em off. They were so PC and lightweight. . .

I liked that Piccard was far more intellectual than Kirk and had more depth to him but it’d been nice if he were a bit more badass. Though, I would imagine that if we had starships such as the Enterprise that the captain would fall more on the cerebral side of the equation versus a hand-to-hand street fighter type of individual. As to the rest of the crew, I pretty much agree. I didn’t care for many of the characters.

All I can say after the last Star Trek based series and their current squabble with DTV Now is... Screw CBS, and anything they produce.

Back