Weirdness at a Nigerian Airport

I managed to get a frame grab and clean up the image a bit...

nightmare.jpg

The officers in charge of air side security got some 'splaining to do about how he got to the hold short line on the first place.

Also interesting in the last seconds of the video on how few people are in their seats and buckled up.

The officers in charge of air side security got some 'splaining to do about how he got to the hold short line on the first place.

Also interesting in the last seconds of the video on how few people are in their seats and buckled up.
I feel like there are almost weekly stowaway stories coming from that part of the world. Something tells me security at these airports is suspect at best

Maybe nothing has changed, for Lagos airport security.

Lagos had one of the world's worst airport security situations about 20 years ago. I say that because I saw warning signs posted at U.S. airports back then (when I flew on South African Airways to J-berg, I chose a flight that refueled in Cape Verde instead of Lagos, because of those warnings signs).

Last edited:

You sir have never been to Africa. In Dar Es Salaam, airside wasn’t even fenced except right next to the terminal. Beyond that, open range goat pasture.

But wait.... many hear advocate we do away with security.

I managed to get a frame grab and clean up the image a bit...

nightmare.jpg
I'm going to take a guess that the above pic is from the old TV series "The Twilight Zone". I remember seeing the show as a kid with a segment on a creature that would ride along on the wing of a jetliner. Great show. Edit: Found the YouTube link

Last edited:
Back