Saw 3 Beech T-34s headed to Sedona

Peter Anderson

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
SVTPete83
On my first trip ever to Sedona we were just making our way our of the LA area from KBUr and came upon 3 planes flying together. We slowly made a pass on them and they flew right off my wing for a bit at about 1500 feet away. It was awesome!! They were painted with navy livery and from the tail numbers it was 3 beech t-34s. I am a fairly new pilot and have never flown that close to another plane. It was a really cool experience. One of them even turned on the smoke for a few seconds for us! They eventually broke off to the North and we continued on and got a true crosswind gusty landing in Sedona to break us in. All in all one of my favorite flights all time!
292a1945069e7cca55ad90a018e892a7.jpg

54a5a9488596025c928dc095855cd8a9.jpg

7aee45ca6fb086dc4291257b2bd3ee9f.jpg

efd191a8eaf92ea656ceb451a8557d28.jpg

T34 lead: “who’s this yahoo that keeps gettin’ closer to us?”

T34 #2: “dunno, maybe he just doesn’t see any of us, might be a newbie”

T34 #3: “I’ll hit the smoke to let him know were here”

T34 lead:”good grief he’s still comin’ at us - BREAK RIGHT!”

So you landed @ skyranch? Cool.. Wife bought me a trip in one of the biplanes. They give you a vid of your flight... For extra $$ they'll put a stick in your cockpit and you can fly... I didn't do that. Long time ago when all the stuff for sale in Sedona wasn't just dirt shirts and Chinese trinkets...

I love the area and if I had the $$$ I'd live near it... Or Cody, WY.

What's the plane on the ramp? That thing looks fast just sitting there.

T34 lead: “who’s this yahoo that keeps gettin’ closer to us?”

T34 #2: “dunno, maybe he just doesn’t see any of us, might be a newbie”

T34 #3: “I’ll hit the smoke to let him know were here”

T34 lead:”good grief he’s still comin’ at us - BREAK RIGHT!”

They actually broke towards me so at least I know I wasn’t being that guy! My goal as a pilot is to try and never be “that guy!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What's the plane on the ramp? That thing looks fast just sitting there.

That’s our vans RV9A. We just bought it this year. First plane. And it has been truly amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back