Mesquite crash - Citation 550

"The pilot was on board the plane at the time of the incident, he was transported to the hospital."

Now that there's some high quality journalism... :frown2:

Now it is being reported that the pilot has been arrested and Mesquite was not the intended destination, rather it was headed to Henderson, NV (not too far away).

"The pilot was on board the plane at the time of the incident, he was transported to the hospital."

The actual article says "Only the pilot was on board the plane at the time of the incident..." Which is to say he was the sole occupant of the aircraft.

Sorry for the necro-post, but this video came up in my Youtube feed - and its pretty unbelievable. The initial call from the Citation occurs around the 4:20 mark. Kudos to the ATC controller for recognizing there was a problem in the cockpit. The pilot blew a BAC of 0.28 two hours after the crash, but claimed it was because he calmed his nerves with vodka after the event...

“I’m not sure what ignited the fuel…” I don’t know, maybe the sparks from skidding down the runway because you obliterated your landing gear?

After the Red Bull stunt, perhaps the reporter figured it was no longer safe to assume the pilot is aboard the aircraft.

Back