Your Invitation to the 17th Annual H.O.P.S. Party in the North 40

Looking forward to meeting some more of you again this year. Thanks for putting this together Jay.

Jay I'll be arriving Saturday morning and with the change to group camping the Pirates will likely be in row 510 or so.

We are in Row 517, right near the Red One Market store. Look for the big white chalet tent and big Texas flag!

The party starts right after the afternoon airshow Wednesday.
a06f1951e79dce157302f6f16b414c9c.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Looks like great weather for the HOPS Party tonight. (Many years attendees have helped hold things down in an OSH storm.)

C'mon to Row 517 right after the day airshow ends. We will put faces to names, eat some nice, bready foods, and sample the microbrews attendees bring from all over the country. We can then watch the night airshow together!

Look for the white chalet tent and the tall Texas flag with a red RV-8A parked out front. The first 40 attendees score the coveted free HOPS Party tee-shirt!

6efd699dc17c72631c97c9db68667fae.jpg

So what would happen if someone forgot to bring a local beer with them, but wants to show up anyway? Asking for a friend.....

Cyndi and I have to get up by 4 tomorrow morning to get to Chicago MDW for our torch ride to Sacramento SMF. We'll be there around 5 but have to leave around 7 to get to bed in time for the alarm.

Same problem as groundpounder. No 6-packs allowed in checked luggage SMF-MDW.

Jim

So what would happen if someone forgot to bring a local beer with them, but wants to show up anyway? Asking for a friend.....
You could bring the 50th anniversary rock your wings beer. It tastes good and worth trying.

Awesome. Got in today. First time flying in. Will try to attend

If you’re near Vintage, you could walk to the end of row 97 and get the 6-pack of Mississippi’s finest brew I brought and take it as your own. N40 is about as far from me as you can get and I have my son, so won’t be attending.

A spectacular day, weather-wise (for a change!) led to a spectacular turn-out for the 17th annual HOPS Party.

We quickly ran out of tee-shirts, and eventually of sandwiches -- but we never ran out of beer and desserts, so everyone was happy!

Thanks to everyone for coming. Our longest distance attendee was Ben, a Brit who flew his Mooney here from Switzerland!
f2876e3e9568f15ca18cbcc1ec88c765.jpg
78c12be147db61569d7948a139873122.jpg
64e7d088ad8e6a80e7df607a78e712fd.jpg
d065ee5d9b43cd19ec062c807ad7f932.jpg
7bd70bcdd81ad53153e063623f0602aa.jpg
d24b4630d5d201491e0f5a3216aa83bf.jpg

We had a FABULOUS time at our first HOPS party in our first visit to Oshkosh! Thank you Mary and Jay for hosting such a terrific event! One of the highlights of the week for us.

I had the intention of attending, but I was at the opposite end of OSH most of the day. The logistics of getting there at a reasonable time just didn't work out. There's always next time!

My Plan A of arriving the Friday before OSH start was dashed due to WX. I arrived at dusk Weds... to FDL... spent my Weds eve assembling a Tent, which, if you look in a dictionary, the definition of "Tent" is a thing you swear at until it is assembled. I want to slap the guy who invented my Tent. Sad I missed your excellent party.

Back