KBUU vs KDKB

Grum.Man

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Grum.Man
Trying to decide which place I want to stop on my way to Airventure 2019. Last year I stopped at KDKB and enjoyed my experience. According to FF KBUU has better fuel prices right now. My hope is for a quick pit stop so not sure if it matters much about accommodations.

KBUU does have good fuel prices in general and runway is good. It can get fairly busy though so you may want to overfly the pump before joining the congo line.

Trying to decide which place I want to stop on my way to Airventure 2019. Last year I stopped at KDKB and enjoyed my experience. According to FF KBUU has better fuel prices right now. My hope is for a quick pit stop so not sure if it matters much about accommodations.
You might check out KEFT. Usually have the lowest fuel prices around here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

KBUU is nice, while my local mogas stop is closed for runway work (HXF) I've been frequenting BUU. They also have a 180 on amphibs that's for rent that sits outside you get to admire :)

BUU is good, can get busy. Another idea is stop at Michigan City, IN, then do the lakefront.

BUU is good, can get busy. Another idea is stop at Michigan City, IN, then do the lakefront.

I'm just going to file IFR to one or the other. Makes life easier and then just a 30 minute or less hop to OSH.

I'm just going to file IFR to one or the other. Makes life easier and then just a 30 minute or less hop to OSH.

You're gonna want to cancel IFR when you get within radio range of C90.
"We have a reroute for you, advise ready to copy."

Chicago Approach. Unless your destination is inside a 60nm circle from ORD, they are going to keep you 60nm away. If you can get above 16,000 they MIGHT let you grace their airspace.

Expect something like RBS KELSI RFD JVL BUU

Chicago Approach. Unless your destination is inside a 60nm circle from ORD, they are going to keep you 60nm away. If you can get above 16,000 they MIGHT let you grace their airspace.

Expect something like RBS KELSI RFD JVL BUU

Oh I flight plan around it regardless unless I am going right over the top.

Back