Oshkosh maybe, help please?

alfadog

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
alfadog
Fellow down here in FL has asked me accompany him to MI to pick up a Cherokee 6. Aircraft is in annual. Only 200 miles from KOSH so thinking about a day trip. Probably later in the week, Friday or Saturday. Never been though I've flown into SnF a number of times.

Where would be the least hassle place to park the airplane with shuttle service to the show preferable.
Also, any option for cheap overnight crash spot if we decide to do two days? Flying commercial so no camping gear.

Fly in and park in General Aviation Parking if you just go for the day. Not sure you are going to find a cheap overnight crash spot within shuttle distance this close to the dates. You might have to rent a car and find somewhere a little farther out.

KATW has a shuttle, however there are no cheap hotels or rental cars.

KATW has a shuttle, however there are no cheap hotels or rental cars.
Depending on the day, when you get in, call UWOSH for dorm availability 920.424.3226 $75/night for un-air, $125 for the AC dorms.

There will be hotel/dorm openings later in the week. Fond Du Lac, & Appleton have shuttle busses. With one other payer, an Uber/Lyft may be cheaper. If timing works out, come with a little faith, you can work out the details.

You have Lake MI to contend with, unfamiliar plane & all. I’d try to do it, if you end up in the area.

Back