Does anyone know what airshow this?

Melvin Majoros

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Mellux
Does anyone know what airshow this is. I like these type of air shows. The ones that have fighter jets and planes on display. So if anyone knows what this is thank you.

P.S. I just found this video and the person in it apparently doesn’t care about that plane, all I want to know is what airshow. Thanks!

Have to be a long time ago, given the F-14A model. Back in the day, it was common to be able to sit in and touch a lot of the aircraft. In today's high security and litigious world, they are all surrounded by fences and barricades.

I gulped when he tried to raise the gear and I'm glad he didn't try to pull the yellow handle

I don't know but that's a good video to inform plane owners to NOT let goobers in the cockpit if you don't want them to mess with all your switches.

These are museum pieces (F-14, F-5, A-4, etc) at the Pacific Coast Air Museum. Charles M. Shultz airport (KSTS). All of it has long been disconnected / safed.

Last edited:
Not much too worry about with no power on the plane, battery likely disconnected, and all safety pins and other lockout devices almost certainly in place.

Probably just some teenage kid pretending to be a pilot.

Some folks worry for no reason.

Does anyone know what airshow this is. I like these type of air shows. The ones that have fighter jets and planes on display. So if anyone knows what this is thank you.

P.S. I just found this video and the person in it apparently doesn’t care about that plane, all I want to know is what airshow. Thanks!

Somebody please, please get that A-hole out of that plane

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dollars to doughnuts that particular F-14 is a static display and hadn’t been airworthy in years prior to the video.

Wow that guy was real grabby guy. Can’t imagine they’d let a guy manhandle controls like that in a plane that will fly out of there.

If you’re off September 28-29th, head over to their air show. I’m sure they’ll let you flick some switches on the Tomcat or other fighters if you like.

https://wingsoverwinecountry.org/

I don't know but that's a good video to inform plane owners to NOT let goobers in the cockpit if you don't want them to mess with all your switches.
Cure for that is to have as few switches as possible. Mine has only two.

About a week ago, there was an open house at my airport. I parked my airplane there and let about two dozen kids sit in the cockpit. Most were good, but a few DID seem to want to bang the stick all over the place.

I hand out little souvenir wings to the kids....
wings.jpg

Ron Wanttaja

Have you considered adding a 3rd?
LR0VWP9.png
Already got one. See the big chromed turnbuckle? That holds the wings on. Takes a few turns, though, which means I can stop the 'lil darlins' if they start turning it.
fun_meter.jpg

And, no, I'm not the one who chromed the turnbuckle. I know better....

Ron Wanttaja

Already got one. See the big chromed turnbuckle? That holds the wings on. Takes a few turns, though, which means I can stop the 'lil darlins' if they start turning it.
fun_meter.jpg

And, no, I'm not the one who chromed the turnbuckle. I know better....

Ron Wanttaja

FYI... you are skidding.....

Watching the crumb crunchers pushing all the switches makes me wince. I flew into an Albany, Ga airshow back when I was a military pilot. I was to put my ship on display. No one in the cockpit. Period. There was a C-7 Caribou across the ramp that permitted all comers to enter the cockpit. For hours.

Time to wrap it up and all concerned did a careful preflight. The C-7's crew, however missed some details They hit the master and found that they had failed to check that the engine fire extinguisher "T" handles were stowed and the "Fire" switches were off. Big bangs and smoke and noise.

Back