AEROSTAR JET???!!!!!!!Whats up with it?!

Melvin Majoros

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Mellux
Hey guys, I have just recently(about 3 weeks ago)heard about the Aerostar Jet. I think it’s a really cool looking plane and I actually want one for myself, but the thing is the last discussion and video about this was in 2014 or 2015 and now it’s 2019. Has this plane received certification or is it even going in to production?What happened to this plane?

Thanks to anyone for the updates.

Best Regards,
Mellux

Small company, limited development funding most likely holding it back. The usual aviation story these days.
And the $64k question, "What advantages does it offer over a used Citation Mustang or a Hondajet?".

Those engines look like FOD magnets. And how will they keep the nose gear from throwing water etc into them?

Small company, limited development funding most likely holding it back. The usual aviation story these days.
And the $64k question, "What advantages does it offer over a used Citation Mustang or a Hondajet?".
Yep. In fact, those engines hanging down as FOD scoops would worry me.

And how will they keep the nose gear from throwing water etc into them?
Jets typicaly use chined nosewheel tires to deflect the spray down. Those engines on the Aerostar might be too low to benefit from these.

ChineTire.jpg

Ted Smith originally designed the Aerostar and intended it to be powered by jets

cool plane for sure, I'm a big fan of the Aerostar, but I don't think this is going to go anywhere in reality

Thread title needs more punctuation.
Right?!?!!!!!!!!!???????!!!!!!!!!????? It's hard to tell if the OP is excited about this or not

So it’s because of funding?

It is a beautiful plane with those little turbines.

I can play the old-timey classic "honey I shrunk our 757!" trick on unsuspecting rubes? :D

A one-off pressurized twinjet based on a piston does seem like a disney fastpass to financial ruination.. but I guess... YOLO? I support and applaud them from a safe distance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back