C172 down in Katy, TX

Wow that plane was coming down. Lots of energy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodness sakes, that’s coming down fast!

N517LA - Cessna 172S

Looks like a stall/spin?

Plane flew a lot. The usage looks to be a training plane. Student solo?

Plane flew a lot. The usage looks to be a training plane. Student solo?
Noticed that. I’d be inclined to believe it was.

The FlightAware track shows it was airborne for two minutes. The accident must’ve happened shortly after takeoff?

Noticed that. I’d be inclined to believe it was.

The FlightAware track shows it was airborne for two minutes. The accident must’ve happened shortly after takeoff?

Gawd I hope not...... I’d hate to be that CFI if true.

Wow that's crazy ho fast it was coming down in the video, it looked to be inverted too.

So sad though.

Given its long term statistical safety record, difficult to accept two fatalities in 172s within a week.

I’d hate to be that CFI if true.

I knew of a CFI that had a former student die in a crash on his first flight after the checkride. Took his girlfriend and another couple with him. Really affected him badly. He had an interview date scheduled in a couple weeks with a regional, and after the crash he cancelled it. I don't know what ever happened to him.

My Dad’s pilot when I was growing up had a student die two flights after check ride. He was a slaty retired master chief and it bothers him over ten years later. He told me that is not going to be you so you will fly hard before you go out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From another site, they indicated the pilot was 70 year old Noshir Medhora, Private Pilot: Date of Issue: 7/25/2008. Perhaps a medical event? The speed in the video is certainly eye opening; very sad.

From another site, they indicated the pilot was 70 year old Noshir Medhora, Private Pilot: Date of Issue: 7/25/2008. Perhaps a medical event? The speed in the video is certainly eye opening; very sad.

That was my thought. If he had engine out after takeoff you would hope he wouldn’t have come down that fast trying to put it down, even if he just stalled.

It’s a rental out of West Houston, turns out I flew it 4 yrs ago.

Flightaware's altitude and speed don't show anything resembling a departure stall. He also appears to have reached pattern altitude. I wonder if it was a bird strike.

Flightaware's altitude and speed don't show anything resembling a departure stall. He also appears to have reached pattern altitude. I wonder if it was a bird strike.
I’m not sure how a bird strike could cause the airplane to dive with that much negative energy, but stranger things have happened.

Bird into wind screen into face.??
Bird, or bat through open window? On my Harley took a few birds to chest, shoulder, as well as a bat, and 1 owl, not fun, also a jappanese hornet once to my neck, that bee was worst! Had to stop, as it bit and wouldn't release, plus stung.

a jappanese hornet once to my neck, that bee was worst!

OUCHIE.!!

I took a bird to the helmet once. Luckily I was wearing my race helmet, a real full face helmet or I would have taken it right in the teeth.

Back